Mission Photos from Sunday
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mission Photos from Sunday

Bikes not keyboards Array Shawn Watson's Avatar
    Bike
    YZ250 Supermoto

Mission Photos from Sunday

First time back at Mission in a couple years - glad I went Sun. & missed the rain! Nice to see a good turnout of different bikes & a womans class. Troy said the school is full so good news there too. I also liked seeing all the airfence the club has now since I was last there & certainly way more than when I last rode there! I was surprised how far the first racer who crashed in turn 6 slid under the fence with his bike.It was tough to lift it off him as he squirmed out with the cornerworkers help. I would have liked to see the yellow flag come out a little faster - found myself waving at the racers coming into the crash area while the corneworker was calling it in? Maybe put two people in that corner if avail. & one can wave the flag immediately & the other use the radio.Just my opinion - what do I know. The guy from Edmonton who won superbike was flying - never seen anyone do power wheelies crossed up into 6 before! I got one of Bernie`s friend on Yates`s old 600 & the Hanson`s cuz they are nice guys & take pics. Not sure who the "new" photographers are but Allen nor I would post a photo of an injured rider.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Shawn Watson; 05-02-2013 at 11:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Thanks for coming out and taking pics. If we had more volunteers to work the corners, that's certainly the way we do it. In an ideal situation, we have 3 or 4 people per corner. One on radio, one on flags, and 1 to 2 actives to pick up bikes and assess riders. Sadly, very few people come to volunteer time with us, so we make do with what we have, and are so very grateful for whatever help people can provide us.

Great pics! We'd love to see you out more.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    awesome Shots!! thanks for posting these up.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Thanks for the pics Shawn!
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Bike
    YZ250 Supermoto
    Thanks guys & you`re welcome Jaybo. Here's few a more-
    #75 - Womans Winner
    [IMG][/IMG]

#169 - 600 Winner
    [IMG][/IMG]

#11 - Twins & Ultra Winner
    [IMG][/IMG]

#35 - 250 Winner
    [IMG][/IMG]

# 740 - Novice Winner
    [IMG][/IMG]

#31 - Classic Winner
    [IMG][/IMG]

I like clear visors - some guys look like axe murderers & some look so relaxed they are going to fall asleep.
    [IMG][/IMG]

OOPS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

My photos will be here: http://motopixca.smugmug.com/

Allen`s Mission photos are here: http://www.allenbargen.com/Sports/WM...2007&k=zxGzRSZ
    Last edited by Shawn Watson; 05-02-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Great shots, thanks for sharing!

The Flying Ernesto Array RatBag's Avatar
    Bike
    '97 ZX-11...sport-ish bike: '08 Concours 14....dirty sportbike: WR250F

a future cornerworker

(Maybe put two people in that corner if avail. & one can wave the flag immediately & the other use the radio.Just my opinion - what do I know.)

You could easily be one of those people, just show up about 8:00 on raceday and tell them you'd like to help out in the corners.
    Last edited by RatBag; 05-02-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added comment

Bike
    YZ250 Supermoto
    No thanks - I first cornerworked with OMRRA in early 90`s before my brother got me racing with him. I last cornerworked with Westwood I think in 2008 helping out in turn 7. It sprinkled a bit before the last superbike race in our corner & the other guy radioed it in but didn't want to wave the oil flag as he was waiting for an answer? dunno he had his headset on & couldn`t hear me - I hesitated running over & grabbing the flag from beside him & meanwhile there was a pileup in our corner on the warm up lap & lots of wtf gestures towards us. I remember the guy on the blue R1 looking at his crunched carbon mufflers & then looking right at us & I thought uh oh I hope hes not coming over here...Shit happens racing but I felt like an idiot & have not done it since except with the supermoto club - but never say never - besides I just wanta take photos

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Shawn Watson; 05-03-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Watson
    Shit happens racing but I felt like an idiot & have not done it since but never say never- besides I just wanta take photos
    I wouldn't let that experience stop you. We always need help in the corners, especially from experienced people. If you only want to take pics that's fine of course. As you said shit happens, and I don't think you can be faulted at all for what happened..
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Bike
    YZ250 Supermoto
    Yeah you`re right I should get back out there- Its the best place to see the races for sure!

Bike
    Latest and greatest Suzuki GSX-R 600
    I remember that warm-up lap pile up in T-7. First bike to go down was an Intermediate rider (don't know his/her name), then it was me, then Steve O'Toole on the R1. Kramer almost crashed too. There's some great pics of all the crash action. We were all going super slow. I'm sure it would have still happened with the debris flag being shown.

I remember having to ride my bike back to the pits holding the left clipon in my hand - talk about difficult clutch release!

It's was just one of those things..when it's been dry for a while and the first rain starts the track I really slick under the trees. The traction starts to come back after about 10-15min of steady rain.

Thanks for volunteering Shawn!

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja250 + a few
    Quote Originally Posted by spero View Post
    I remember having to ride my bike back to the pits holding the left clipon in my hand - talk about difficult clutch release!
    I had to do that on Saturday. It is tougher than it sounds/looks.

I was one of the marshals in turn 6 on Sunday and I definitely should have got the waving yellow out sooner. When I saw the rider hit the wall and go down so hard it took me a bit to focus my brain on WTF I should be doing. I’ve worked the corners before but that crash was nasty and it shook me up momentarily. My sincere apologies to anyone that was heading into turn 6 without ample warning there was trouble ahead. I’ll do better next time.

Does anyone know how that rider is doing?
    WMRC & PCMRC #49

StevieMac- Any and all advice provided by me is of the "Use it at your own risk" variety. Common sense and your own good judgement must always prevail.

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650
    how does a complete newbie help out? Always wanted to come and watch and not ready to get into racing myself. If I could do something useful by helping and still get to watch I may be interested
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

Bike
    http://www.wmrc.ca/volunteer

We always need corner workers. Next races are May 11th and 12th. Come out to the races and come by the tech area or find somebody, anybody.. even me.. we will get you in a corner and watching the races from the best seat in the house.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President