Online car tire sites or local shops with good deals?

Thread: Online car tire sites or local shops with good deals?

...LIKE A BOSS! Array JustABoss's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer750

Online car tire sites or local shops with good deals?

So BCSB, as you always seem to pull thru when I'm in need of tech advice or part deals...here's another:

I'm looking to get a set of 225/45/17s and was wondering if anyone on this site works at a tire shop or if anyone knows of any sites that ship and have tires at a better price than here locally?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    - : I Squid Hard : -
    drugs r bad, mmmkay.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    1010tires.com (local)
    tirerack.com (not local)

What's funny, is a friend of mine was looking for a set of performance tires for his BMW 335i that he autocrosses. He asked what tire I would recommend, and I wasn't much help other than to say my 3 previous cars had Pirelli P Zero Nero tires and that they seemed fine. He searched high and low for best pricing, and I was surprised when he told me that Canadian Tire had the best prices on them. Who woulda thunk!
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array howattzer's Avatar
    Bike
    it's black
    I got a set of wheels and tires for my truck from Discount Tire in Bellingham. Would have been $3,200 locally, I paid $1,577 in Bellingham.
    Last edited by howattzer; 05-07-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    I like my women like I like my scotch. Aged 18 years and mixed up with coke.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    kxwheels.com , in Surrey, always got amazing deals on wheels and tires there.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    I was happy with volco tires in Richmond
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Bike
    04 SV650
    As CDG mentioned tirerack.com Dealt with them twice last year. 1st order I got a set of new summer tires. 2nd was a set of wheels and winter tires. A lot cheaper then locally. When ordering I got them to sent it to Midas on Ohio street in WA and I got Midas to Install them for me. That Midas shop is certified installer for tirerack, so there was no issues. At the border for the wheels and tires I said I bought them in US (as I had all 4 wheels and summer tires in the car that I was taking back) and they just waved me through, even thought it was $1400. I have no idea to this day how that happened. For my summer tires, I didnt have to pay anything at the border as I was in US for over 24 hours with my x at that time. They again waved me through. Even if you have to pay taxes, it is still much cheaper.

Summer tire I got were exact same size as yours. Dont remember exact model, but they were at least 1/2 the price after install and all that jazz.