2007 gsxr 600 rectifier relocation

Thread: 2007 gsxr 600 rectifier relocation

Registered User Array
    GSXR 600

2007 gsxr 600 rectifier relocation

hey guys
    i own a gsxr 600 and on my last service at ems, they recommended that i relocate my rectifier
    they said that there's a spot inside the tail that can hold it.
    I've searched online on all the gsxr forums but all that i can come up with is moving the rectifier to that its perpendicular to the radiator (sits on the side of the frame near where the frame sliders would be) instead of parallel and right behind the radiator (factory position)
    i was just wondering if anyone has done this relocation to the tail before or or knows of a post that can help me with this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    Not sure of the suzukis but honda had a service bulletin on doing it. Basically to place it in a spot that has lots of cool air moving over it...they used to heat up and fry..

just did a quick google...

Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX
    The R&R on the BlackBird is in the rear on the right side of bike. There is some air flow there. They get hot and I've had two in 11 years. Many go for an after market one.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.