'Dash' cam?

Thread: 'Dash' cam?

Registered User Array GordoBlue's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 CBR600rr

'Dash' cam?

Hey, wondering if anyone has this (or this type of) camera?
    Experience?

http://www.tachyoninc.com/bikercam.php

Thinking it might be a good idea to have a 'looping' dash cam, which this one features. Go-pro's are awesome, but they're designed for 'action' rather than boring looping 'just in case' vids.

Might be useful for your cage too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    N/A
    For the cage go to the Night Market pick up a cheapie $35 add SD card of your choice and you're good to go. Wouldn't spend any more than that.

Registered User Array MrDsylexia's Avatar
    Bike
    89 GPZ1000 RX
    The newest firmware update for the Drift HD Ghost has added a dash cam feature where you leave the camera plugged into your car's USB port and it starts recording 10 seconds after you start the car and stops 10 seconds after you turn it off (from what their release notes said). It has looping record as a feature on the dashcam.

It's essentially an action cam when you want it and a dash cam when you need it.
    Last edited by MrDsylexia; 05-21-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    If they were on 650 v-stroms we could all just conclude they were weetarded.

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    I've got an ebay one (chinese) for my motorcycle. In my special case, it had to be waterproof (obviously).

So far working great. 720p recording (even though it says 1080p, i'm certain it's 720p effective)

Haven't had to use any of the footage yet, hope I won't need to.

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    I went to both night markets and only found DVR's at the old market under the knight bridge. They sold for 80$. Last year they were selling for 50$. I can't bargan hahahaha.

I pick mine up at Aberdeen Mall in Richmond, for 90$ taxes in. Came with a 6 month warranty.

The same make is also available on ebay and amazon.com, for about the same price shipped to your house in Canada or at about 40$ shipped in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00567...sr=8-1&pi=SL75

This cam also comes with mothion sensors and it starts recording automaticaly when it's triggered. And it's also very portable. I glued a piece of velcro on mine and I can stick it anywhere. Now I have it hidden in my car and I can see who's snooping around the car at night.

There's also another model that has white LED lights on the side of the lense. I'm not fond of that cause I think it would be distracting having a white light inside the car. Most night vision cameras can see with IR LED's that's invisible to the naked eye.

Bike
    I've had a dash cam on my car for over a year now. It's my second one as the first one was a piece of shit. You really have to get something that is not the dirt cheapest model on ebay. Mine was about 50 dollars or so. Works awesome. I have a 16gb card in there and it cycles throughout and I can program the recording times. I think I can get over an hour of recording before it wipes out and starts over again. It's got so many features on there that I haven't even bothered to use. Even zoom and tilt camera head.

I was thinking of getting one for my bike as well. In fact I did mount it on my bike one time but the picture wasn't so good, as it was a ghetto mount.

Bike
    2014 Ninja 300
    Both Android and IOS has dash cam apps, you also get the benefit of having GPS monitor your speed in case of you defending a speeding ticket

Bike
    2007 GSX-R750
    Just make sure you delete the video quickly if you get pulled over...video evidence is a bad thing.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Registered User Array GordoBlue's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 CBR600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by CanaganD View Post
    I've got an ebay one (chinese) for my motorcycle. In my special case, it had to be waterproof (obviously).

So far working great. 720p recording (even though it says 1080p, i'm certain it's 720p effective)

Haven't had to use any of the footage yet, hope I won't need to.
    So, I'm guessing you have a convenient mount that's easy to take off/put-on when you get off/on your bike? Do you have to turn it on every time?

I like the examples where you don't have to turn it on manually etc, but I guess it's harder for a bike.

Anyone else use 'dash' cams for their bikes?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    I bought a Contour Roam camera and have it helmet mounted. Just turn it on when I go out. Charge it and wipe it if there isn't anything good on it. Runs about 3-4 hours I think.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats