BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Selling my bike -> Thoughts on my posting

2K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  CHIA 
#1 ·
#5 ·
The mileage will scare many off, sorry, just a fact, but you may already know this.

Have the valves been checked, anything recent? Yes, I know many don't do valves
on the VFR's, and they have a decent rep for being solid, but at approaching 90k,
any serious service will likely be of interest and have impact when selling.

I don't think the price is too far off, but then again, I've not seen it, or know the
physical condition, dents, scratches, etc......you've not detailed it in the ad.

When you have high mileage, and know that it's a major stumbling block for
many buyers, you need to go into extra detail on the other things, in an effort
to somewhat offset this.....gotta sell it.

#8 ·
My only thought to add here is this.

Remove the pictures showing the luggage, as everyone will ask you if you're willing to part with it, or why it's not included, and also the pictures will look better without it anyways.

Otherwise, the advert reads as a well loved, well maintained, reasonably priced, but high milage bike.

#10 ·
where the fuck is the luggage? ;)

it's actually kinda cool to see this post, good feedback from people who know the costs of used bikes and someone who wants to sell it at a reasonable price is also a good thing. I like the bike, if I didn't have mine I'd consider it. If you'd been selling it last year I know someone who would have been all over it, he was really looking for a VFR but the only one at the time we looked at in the price range he was after was just crap. Yours looks considerably nicer and is priced barely higher than that one was and seems reasonable to me (others on here will be much more experienced and have a ton more info than I do)

#20 ·
Yep, when I sold my 2002 VTEC VFR w/ABS four years ago with approx. 80,000 kms, I had full services records, including all 3 valve checks at 25k intervals. Sold the bike in a week or two for $7,200 incl luggage, and with 2 ICBC declarations for damage over $2,000 (bike was knocked over once and backed into once when parked).

My, how prices have dropped :)

FWIW, buyers are prepared to accept 'high' mileage on VFR's as long as there are service records. The V4 is known to run forever with regular maintenance.

if no service records, be prepared to drop the price...

#22 ·
That's quite a nice bike with relatively low km's for it's age. If the valves haven't been done, not a major deal imho... the question I would have is why are you selling it. As long if there is no mechanical issues that you aren't being up front about, I think it's a good value at $2800 including the bags.

#25 ·
I'm actually quite surprised by the responses here. I actually think 88thou/kms is no big deal on one of these V4's. Yes a big deal on a 600 inline, not these.

Actually, the only thing I can see that would bother me would be that aftermarket exhaust. You should get 3k easy for it.

#26 ·
I've recently serviced one of these bikes with 120000kms on it, was actually in decent shape.

BTW, great idea to get some feed back on bike before getting flamed in the worst of thread with a $5500 price tag.

I don't think 88 is high mileage for a 10 year old bike. 8800kms a year is fuck all actually. Good bike for someone on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.