Too Drunk to Remember and only gets Conditional Sentence
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Too Drunk to Remember and only gets Conditional Sentence

  1. #1
    Wait for me, I'm SLOW Array Ape Man 2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Www....ichmond
    Bike
    They're all "Made in China"

    Too Drunk to Remember and only gets Conditional Sentence

    F**k STARBUCKS !!!! ..... I'm posing in front of Tim Hortons.


    Life's to SHORT, don't WASTE it.

    Recycle - SAVE the Planet !

  2. #2
    New kid on the block Array ripped035's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N/A
    Bike
    N/A
    The details aren't specific enough. I'm guessing after 30 days of house arrest, his probation starts. During his probation he could end up with community service hours, no alcohol, alcohol abuse classes, and a curfew. I do not condone his actions, and I believe he must be punished. But is sending him to jail with a bunch of murderers, rapists, and gang members going to solve the problem? It's only going to make it worse. If you think about the length of 2 years probation, having a curfew and no alcohol, it's not as lenient as you may think.

  3. #3
    I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    i have been "too drunk to remember" what i was doing ... many ...many times. not so much anymore.

    i call a giant stinking pile of steaming bullshit.

    this also opens doors pretty damn wide for those assholes who drive and kill someone. just say you were too drunk to remember and ba-dam! get off killing someone with some mild inconvenience. do those judges not think when they make those decisions? or are they also too drunk?
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  4. #4
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Too drunk to remember if I was drinking on the Monday night ride home.

  5. #5
    Registered User Array cvrle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    04 SV650
    I wish they would grow some balls in Canada and do what they did in UK. Rioters got 2 years in jail, no matter if they were too drunk to remember. And they were actually rioting for a lot better reason then fucking hockey.

  6. #6
    countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Richmond
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
    I wish they would grow some balls in Canada and do what they did in UK. Rioters got 2 years in jail, no matter if they were too drunk to remember. And they were actually rioting for a lot better reason then fucking hockey.
    +1 I agree (damn you message to short notification)
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

  7. #7
    Registered User Array bandito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Sometimes you just have to get shittered and fuck stuff up.

    We've all been there.

  8. #8
    Fuh-coffee we will go Array carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hong Ko-quitlam
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    "we will spare no expense in the prosecutions of these criminals, we won`t surrender our streets to thugs and criminals, the province will use every avenue to ensure these criminals see jail, we will use video footage to find everyone who was involved in the riot"

    -Christy Clark

    Looks like its not so easy to get people in jail, eh Christy?



    http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot...nished-to.html
    Last edited by carbonfibrerocket; 06-05-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

  9. #9
    backslider Array K-rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at a critical lean angle
    Bike
    2006 K1200S
    ya - and some Nanaimo Aich-Aye just got let off, because his trial took way too long to come about (Section 11.b - Charter violation)
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

  10. #10
    Registered User Array Steve G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down here
    Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape Man 2007 View Post


    I'm hoping that, true to their word, companies like London Drugs will sic their lawyers after these scumbags, and rip the flesh off them financially. London Drugs CEO confirmed on the news a few weeks ago that they are simply waiting for these silly pointless criminal cases to finalize,,,except even if they are found guilty and set free with no fine, London Drugs will take that guilty finding to the bank. I hope they get so fucked up financially, they spend the rest of their lives looking behind them and are never debt free.

    It is true that our justice system has permanently been liberalized, neutered, and in fact is not a justice system at all. Simply pitifull. I place criminal defence lawyers a few levels below pond scum in floatsum level. They do not argue the truth, they argue their case,,,,and for that I consider them trash.

  11. #11
    Registered User Array Squint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Van
    Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by omid View Post
    The details aren't specific enough. I'm guessing after 30 days of house arrest, his probation starts. During his probation he could end up with community service hours, no alcohol, alcohol abuse classes, and a curfew. I do not condone his actions, and I believe he must be punished. But is sending him to jail with a bunch of murderers, rapists, and gang members going to solve the problem? It's only going to make it worse. If you think about the length of 2 years probation, having a curfew and no alcohol, it's not as lenient as you may think.
    You make a good point, jail isn't automatically the best punishment just as impound isn't automatically the best punishment for speeding. Incarceration certainly has the potential to turn a delinquent into a criminal. Mandatory minimums aren't working for drugs, why would mandatory jail for the rioters work? I think we're unlikely to see much recidivism. Better to make them clean up the highway medians, be restricted for years because of what they did, don't need to waste our money putting them up in overcrowded jails.

    Civil suits... that would be ok.

  12. #12
    New kid on the block Array ripped035's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N/A
    Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    You make a good point, jail isn't automatically the best punishment just as impound isn't automatically the best punishment for speeding. Incarceration certainly has the potential to turn a delinquent into a criminal. Mandatory minimums aren't working for drugs, why would mandatory jail for the rioters work? I think we're unlikely to see much recidivism. Better to make them clean up the highway medians, be restricted for years because of what they did, don't need to waste our money putting them up in overcrowded jails.

    Civil suits... that would be ok.
    Good point with the impound and speeding. On the bright side, if he breaks his probation conditions, which I think he will, he will have to serve the rest of his probation in jail.

  13. #13
    Registered User Array bandito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by omid View Post
    Good point with the impound and speeding. On the bright side, if he breaks his probation conditions, which I think he will, he will have to serve the rest of his probation in jail.
    Not necessarily. The court understands that conditions are not very effective, particularly with folks that are young. This particular guy was under a no alcohol order and yet was pulled over for running a stop sign with a BAC over .10 .... so as you see, conditions mean nothing... and everyone knows it.

    He will never see a day in jail, no matter what he does regarding his conditions. There is no point to jailing these folks anyways, it's just further waste of public money. Let the companies they damaged sue them to recover.

    Note the polo kid isn't in the news and was never charged even though he lit a cop car on fire. I won't get into what I know about that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •