BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

How hard is this?

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Squint 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I used to autocross and have a pretty good measure of the skills required for that but I have never attempted anything close to this on a bike so I was wondering what level this video was at.

#9 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I've watched a Surrey Traffic member wheel his Harley around like a toy ........ but seeing as he is 6'5" and close to 280 lb, it is a toy to him. Put him on the BMW police bikes and it looks like a bear on a bicycle.

#13 ·
It's not that hard if you have the bike modified right, some instruction on technique and practice, practice, practice. If you have good bike skills and some dedication, many people can do similar.

That rider would not be doing it on that sportbike if it wasn't modified... in particular, the handlebar setup is crucial to get enough bar leverage. Put him on a stock bike with clip-ons, he wouldn't come close to doing what he does in the video.

Can I do it? No.

Could I do it very well with the necessary 3 elements, absolutely. This isn't witchcraft, it's bike skills.

#21 ·
The look where you want to go is the only important lesson here. I can now do a full lock uturn into the starbucks parking lot, while others dab and duck walk the bikes in. Head up, turned over your shoulder with clip on bars. I'm not going to gymkana anything.

VISC does an event every year where they invite the dealers and the RCMP to compete in an event. Lot's of fun to watch. Best time was laid down by a two strk scooter of all things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.