ZX-11 not so bad for newbie street (dirtbike rider)

Thread: ZX-11 not so bad for newbie street (dirtbike rider)

Get outta the fast lane!! Array westvan_dude's Avatar
    W. Van (obvious aint it?) LOL
    04' Suzuki SV1000S, 01' BMW K1200LT, 94' Suzuki Intruder 1400

Thumbs up ZX-11 not so bad for newbie street (dirtbike rider)

I've only ridden dirt and my bro-in-law has decided to sell his 97' ZX-11 (never rides it) through Burnaby Kawasaki. Anyhow, I got it out of storage (since 99), washed it, waxed it, cleaned it up, new battery. Priming the fuel pump was hell. Anyway got it running just fine. I didn't take it on the road, just a few circles around my driveway (long). Anyway, once over 3mph or so it doesn't feel like the heavy pig it is. Clutch action is really nice. Throttle isn't nuts. I'd love to take it up to Sqamish and back even at the speed limit just for the experience of it all.
    Sad to see it go.

2. Remove Advertisements

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    It's a wonderful long distance open road bike in the same manner as the Honda Blackbird. If that is your type of riding then it would be a very nice ride. With the right tires it'll also scratch in a sporty manner as long as you don't try to drag peg and wheelie out of every corner. The brakes tend to overheat during hard play that has lots of hard braking but that's nothing a set of better pads wouldn't fix.

I've met a couple of people using them as sport touring bikes and one liked it better than the Blackbird that he had before it.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.