Could've had an impound today...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could've had an impound today...

Registered User Array maverick0716's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR 954RR

Could've had an impound today...

I was heading back to Chilliwack from Abbotsford today and I thought the highway looked busy as hell so I took the parallel side road. There was an white '08 GSXR600 right behind me who decided to do the same thing.....so we may have...uh...picked up the pace a little bit. Apparently there was an RCMP cruiser in the midst of all the traffic who witnessed our quickened pace, lol. On came the lights and he had us at his next exit. He was stern at first but both I and the random Gixxer rider were calm and polite. He told us that he can take our bikes today for a week plus a $500 speeding ticket for 150 in an 80. Ouch! But then he immeiately said he wasn't going to do that because they were nice bikes and we weren't new riders....he talked to us for a bit, went to the cruiser and gave us both $138 speeding tickets....I couldn't believe we got off so easy! Our lucky day I guess!Anyone else get away with potential impounds before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2015 Yamaha FZ-07
    Maybe don't do double the the posted speed limit, especially in BC...not smart, but glad you got off easy. Take it as a lesson not to do that again.

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick0716 View Post
    I was heading back to Chilliwack from Abbotsford today and I thought the highway looked busy as hell so I took the parallel side road. There was an white '08 GSXR600 right behind me who decided to do the same thing.....so we may have...uh...picked up the pace a little bit. Apparently there was an RCMP cruiser in the midst of all the traffic who witnessed our quickened pace, lol. On came the lights and he had us at his next exit. He was stern at first but both I and the random Gixxer rider were calm and polite. He told us that he can take our bikes today for a week plus a $500 speeding ticket for 150 in an 80. Ouch! But then he immeiately said he wasn't going to do that because they were nice bikes and we weren't new riders....he talked to us for a bit, went to the cruiser and gave us both $138 speeding tickets....I couldn't believe we got off so easy! Our lucky day I guess!Anyone else get away with potential impounds before?
    No, but I did have someone throw a large McDonalds coffee and what had to be about $5 worth of spare change at me out of their piece of shit riced-out Celica GT, only to have him furiously roll his window up when I pulled alongside to talk to him.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Registered User Array maverick0716's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR 954RR
    Oh I know...believe me. We weren't flying by traffic or anything and the road was straight.....but yeah, it was dumb.

corner worker Array solo soldier's Avatar
    Bike
    I need more room in the shop!
    I would say that was a very nice officer, the closest I have come to an impound was two days before the law took effect, 167 in a 50.
    They caught up to me just by luck, the RCMP that pulled me over wasn't the one that clocked me 3 kms down the road, he actually had some one else pulled over on a drug check when I putted by...lol

Same ticket, 138 bucks, I could have kissed that officer.
    A week later they showed up at my house to question me about a little ride I took earlier that day, no ticket, just a hey, please slow down a little bit than what your normally used too. Apparently, the new neighbourhood isn't used to that sort of cruising and has to be worked in slowly as not to scare them.
    My past record pretty much was self explanatory to the officer, I was surprised to learn they were able to look back that far.
    As Einstein stated: "All our lauded technological progress -- our very civilization -- is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal."

Bike
    2007 SV650
    I refuse to take that chance, because i dont know what i would do without a bike. +35 max for me.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick0716 View Post
    My baby sister got caught by Abby police last month doing 96km in a 50km zone. Gave her the big finger wag about impound etc, but just gave her the 20km over ticket. So,,it does happen.

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650
    Same here, usually 20 over cruising around. Not worth the risk
    Quote Originally Posted by vancity View Post
    I refuse to take that chance, because i dont know what i would do without a bike. +35 max for me.

Bike
    bah
    Maybe these cops realize what is "excessive". Sometimes there's stupid and doesn't sound like that's the case here. Still, I'm not so smart because to me "excessive" is arbitrary. In my world, the courts should be the ones who determine and define "excessive". Because running over a pedestrian at 10kms/h is excessive. But completely legal. So how can "excessive" be legal and not legal at the same time? They should change the law and determine impound by "stupid", not "excessive".

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cans View Post
    Maybe these cops realize what is "excessive". Sometimes there's stupid and doesn't sound like that's the case here. Still, I'm not so smart because to me "excessive" is arbitrary. In my world, the courts should be the ones who determine and define "excessive". Because running over a pedestrian at 10kms/h is excessive. But completely legal. So how can "excessive" be legal and not legal at the same time? They should change the law and determine impound by "stupid", not "excessive".
    Your logic is excessive-ly nonsensical. "In your world", (which happens to be all our worlds), the courts already did determine and define "excessive". It's 40 over the limit, if I'm not mistaken.

You make no sense. In one breath you seem to be commending the cops for taking it upon themselves to define excessive their own way and letting off Maverick and his buddy, then in the next you're saying it should ultimately be up the courts. And then they should change the law and determine impounds by level of stupidity and not the excessive speed at which they're caught? So you want it to be even MORE arbitrary, after complaining about "excessive" being "legal and not legal at the same time"? Holy shit I can't even keep track of all the contradictions in that post.

Registered User Array GhostFlame_zx7r's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda 954RR; 2011 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    Yep got away without an impound about 2 months ago... 93 in a 50 onto the Knight Street Bridge... Few of the Monday Night ride crew were headed into Richmond for Sushi.... Cop jumped out right in front of me... quick decision, run him over and kill him, or stop... thought stopping might be the better decision ( other than not speeding to begin with lol )

The rest of the crew "booted" it out of there.

Talked about my bike, and the fact if he gave me a ticket, he would have to impound my bike.. So he said we had to have a "little talk".. in which he asked me if i knew the other riders.... Played dumb and said, "well i know them, but not well"

I also played dumb and said, "ohhhhh I thought the speed here was 60,as I don't know the area that well " ( nice when your license says a further out suburb )

He then said, the only reason he was not going to impound my bike was because I stopped, and if he had to chase my ass home, he would not have been so happy

He then proceeded to say... Would I do him a favor... Being the nice person I am, I said sure. He asked that "when I see my fellow riders, would I be so kind as to inform them about the perils of speeding and reckless riding" Being the good Samaritan that I am, I kindly replied in turn saying " Sure I would be happy too"...

Next words out of his mouth was.... have a good night

My fellow riders can vouch for my "lecture"... as When I arrived at the restaurant, I first got utter surprised looks ( at them even seeing me still on a bike lol ) and I did say... as asked.... Now Now no speeding people

See I did my duty

My getting off may have been due to riding the "Ugly Pumpkin" (Vstrom) he may have felt sorry for me lol

I am sure it may have been a different story, if I had been on my 954rr, but we will never know
    Last edited by GhostFlame_zx7r; 07-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    LIFES A BITCH...... Then you just do it all over again

Bike
    bah
    Glad you recognize the contradictions. If not, they should be impounded, which is not what I think you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Your logic is excessive-ly nonsensical. "In your world", (which happens to be all our worlds), the courts already did determine and define "excessive". It's 40 over the limit, if I'm not mistaken.

You make no sense. In one breath you seem to be commending the cops for taking it upon themselves to define excessive their own way and letting off Maverick and his buddy, then in the next you're saying it should ultimately be up the courts. And then they should change the law and determine impounds by level of stupidity and not the excessive speed at which they're caught? So you want it to be even MORE arbitrary, after complaining about "excessive" being "legal and not legal at the same time"? Holy shit I can't even keep track of all the contradictions in that post.

Bike
    2016 Honda NC750X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cans View Post
    Because running over a pedestrian at 10kms/h is excessive. But completely legal.
    wow. you can legally run over pedestrians at 10kph now? cool!!
    2016 Honda NC750X DCT

Bike
    bah
    10kph was an exaggeration. But if someone walks or runs out into traffic unexpectedly where no crosswalk, etc. and get hit at say exactly 60kph - the speed limit where this more likely to occur (and usually where obstructed vision), it's likely going to be an excessive speed. Not sure how it can be argued not. The person being hit, I'm sure, would say it really hurt and both would probably be surprised how much damage can occur in such short period of time. The likelyhood is that the pain and suffering would be excessive. Well, at least to me it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    wow. you can legally run over pedestrians at 10kph now? cool!!

Registered User Array woodman967's Avatar
    Bike
    It's SUPER
    Lucky...There are some good cops around, and some not so good ones. I had a ticket delivered to my house yesterday, because a driver that tailgated me on the way home complained to the rcmp that I passed him, and went to fast. $196.00 and 6 points for driving without consideration - Cant wait to go to court with that one....
    "When all is said and done, more got said than done"