Car stereo purchase - any vendors that you would recommend

Thread: Car stereo purchase - any vendors that you would recommend

Registered User Array
    2003 Yamaha FJR

Car stereo purchase - any vendors that you would recommend

I'm taking a couple of longer road trips in the car this year and would like to upgrade the stereo to something better than stock. Likely a Double DIN unit.

Any recommendations on a good local shop to supply and install ? Someone with a decent selection, does good work, and good after sales service for warranty issues.

I had my last stereo supplied & installed by Ralph's but their selection is a bit thin. Also, they messed up my appointment and kept me hanging around an extra 3-4 hours. That left me unlikely going back unless there was a compelling reason to do so.

Edit : I should have mentioned that a Vancouver shop would be preferred with Burnaby or Richmond being a close second.
    Last edited by David Morrow; 07-11-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    SS1000, SS2000, BB1500, BBG1500, TransCanada Quest, TransCanada Gold(2005), TransCanada Gold(2007)

On the river.
    My what?
    Give my buddy Keith a call.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Aldergrove BC
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    360 fabrication in abbotsford. They did my trucks stereo a while back.
    Of course if you're young, and out drinking, whoring, and toking till all hours on a Saturday nite, forget about it.

Fuh-coffee we will go Array carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Hong Ko-quitlam
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Whoever you get to do the work, don't let them know your home or work address.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

East Van
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    I would have said Ralph's. They put the immobilizer in my wife's previous car, years later the fobs died one after another and had to get it towed.Tthe BCAA guy couldn't even find the installation, said it was the best he'd seen. Tow truck driver took it to Ralph's, dropped the keys through the mail slot after hours, it was done the next afternoon.

Vision's has a good selection, but I had a monster pain in the ass dealing with them last time on special order stuff. They're like the Keystone Kops over there, but if you're patient they can have good prices. Can't speak to their installation skills though.

Sometimes I really miss A&B Sound.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Starbucks in turn 2.
    Pick up your toys online at and install yourself - easy stuff.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    When I used to spend money on this kind of stuff I always went to Performance Car stereo in North Vancouver.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President