enjoy new bike lanes.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: enjoy new bike lanes.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r

enjoy new bike lanes.

In kits and point grey.

10, 000 drivers a day to get fucked to please 400 cyclists.

Yay. Glad Im not in Vancouver proper.

Frosty will get enjoy his new commute. Maybe change those leathers for tights, haha
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Fookin Prawn Array
    Doesn't affect me as my 5-10 minute commute down W. Broadway then Granville bridge is pretty quick and painless. At least the hippy cyclists will have their own place to ride.

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    400 my ass. I think the numbers on adanac are like 1500. I don't believe there are 10000 cars either. Also, they are blocking off adanac so only bikes can get through. Bye bye cars rolling past my house.. then trying to pull a u turn in the cul-de-sac.

Bike
    rsv4r
    That was from the city talking head. 10, 000 drivers and 400 cyclists.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    Maybe those numbers are correct for the west side. I counted 50 bikes past my place on adanac in the last 20 minutes.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Quote Originally Posted by dasein View Post
    Maybe those numbers are correct for the west side. I counted 50 bikes past my place on adanac in the last 20 minutes.
    You should count how many bikes the same time of day mid week in January. I think my biggest problem with cutting out car lanes for more bike lanes is most cyclists only use them half the year and by half I mean 4-5 months in fair weather. I know some diehards go year round but that's a tiny percentage. Before comparisons are made to motorcycles, we don't get special lanes.

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
    You should count how many bikes the same time of day mid week in January.
    Nice one. Point for Quasi.
    Of course if you're young, and out drinking, whoring, and toking till all hours on a Saturday nite, forget about it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
    You should count how many bikes the same time of day mid week in January. I think my biggest problem with cutting out car lanes for more bike lanes is most cyclists only use them half the year and by half I mean 4-5 months in fair weather. I know some diehards go year round but that's a tiny percentage. Before comparisons are made to motorcycles, we don't get special lanes.
    Quite a few on Adanac, I will count. Hundreds of bikes go by at rush hour, way more than 400. Rain or shine. But it is the busiest bike path.

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Suckas! Enjoy big city life in the brave, new green world! Cyclists, hemp stores and highly intellectualized university types to enlighten the unwashed, fuel burning masses.

I think I'll wait it out here in Slurrey until its time to move, sell my property and head for greener pastures to the east.
    The difference between you and me .........

Bike
    That is where we would like you to stay. Thanks!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    i love it when these city hippy types preach all this shit without realizing the lifestyle they live in a big city is a massive contributor to all the shit they protest against. the infrastructure and energy needs(all types, even horrible gas and oil) of a city are massive compared to a small town on a sustainability level. no shortage of greenwashed morons in vancouver though, some i get to call family.

Bike
    I protest nothing! I am perfectly happy to have all the pig shit spread on fields far away from me. I am certainly not greenwashed: If I ran the world the pipeline would be built and we would have a huge fucking nuke plant under construction in Fort Mac. Oil is the only real option for my and my daughters life, IMHO. I do believe the environment is going to degrade, and it is certainly a shit time to be born in the third world... I suggest not being born there. Not much else I can do about it. Well, a few things, and I do those.

I prefer bikes going past my house to cars. I actually enjoy the bikes going by. Like living in Holland. Edit: except for the Friday and Saturday night crashes. Sometimes 3 per night. Have done some first aid, actually. Bandaged up some pretty hot drunk chicks while in my underwear... unfortunately with GF looking over my shoulder.

I live right by the chicane they installed to slow them down. Hard to believe how bad people can be at riding a bicycle.
    Last edited by dasein; 07-18-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Bike

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Suckas! Enjoy big city life in the brave, new green world! Cyclists, hemp stores and highly intellectualized university types to enlighten the unwashed, fuel burning masses.

I think I'll wait it out here in Slurrey until its time to move, sell my property and head for greener pastures to the east.
    Well if was a Cyclist pulling a Uey you'd still have the whale intact.

I've been to Vancouver 3 times this month and sheer sheeplike stupidity of the driving masses is beyond belief. More roads won't be a solution. The second time we were leaving we couldn't even get on the #1, every ramp was jammed up. Drove down Canada way and commented that the stretch of the Hwy there has been under construction for 2 decades and it's still hooped.

Bike
    rsv4r
    yep. so let's make it LESS roads. that's gonna help move things along fairly well.