Oregon trip suggestions

Thread: Oregon trip suggestions

Oregon trip suggestions

I'm leaving Thursday for my yearly visit (okay, I haven't been in 3 years) to the Oregon Brewers Festival. This is the route I'm planning, with overnight stops somewhere around Morton WA, on the way down, and Greyland WA, on the way back. This is a 2up trip, so hence the relaxed pace.

I have reasons for the specific roads I'm taking, some are DH's I have yet to hit, others are simply avoiding roads I've already taken. I'm not looking for route suggestions, but I am looking for your suggestions for interesting things to see along the way - hidden restaurants, views, photo ops, roadside attractions etc.

If you haven't been to the Brew Fest before, and you like beer, I highly recommend it!
    BOOM de ya dah!

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Check out Pashnit dot com and motorcycle roads. I haven't ridden much in Oregon but it's on this years route plan.

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33738 I don't know if this will show up but it's dedicated to Oregon.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

2005 Hondabago
    Looks solid. If you had more time off I would look into some of the oregon / coast roads as an extension.

A friend of mine recommended one of the NF roads that runs between 706 cougar rock and 12 but I can't recall which one it is; however, considering you're planning to stay near Morton I guess heading that far west is alright.
    Look not for happiness around the corner. Happiness is the corner. IBA#42642

Registered User Array Socialenemy69's Avatar
    DR 650
    Best view in Oregon that doesn't have to to with the Ocean has to be Crater Lake. The road from Roseburg to Crater Lake is a very nice ride!