Strider bikes.

Thread: Strider bikes.

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar

Strider bikes.

I've seen a couple of guys on here have bought strider bikes for the kids/grand kids. And the ones that were posted were fairly cool looking bikes that carried wee motorcycle colors.

So now the grandson is on his way here and I'm in the market. Preferably for painted wooden ones. Any suggestions for local sellers?
    The difference between you and me .........

Victoria, Bitchin' Columbia (B.C)
    '15 BMW F800GSA
    KTM sell a neat looking one. Not cheap though. $130-140.
    "Experience alone is not the great teacher; Experience has to be multiplied by intelligence to yield sustained progress." Phil Schilling

Mission, BC
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    We've used Stryder and a wooden one, Skuut. Both are well made. That said, the Skuut was not able to withstand me backing over it in my car. lol
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Danger Zone!
    We had an Addams one I peeled the stickers off. We ran it, loaned it out when it was outgrown and then sold it for what it cost me.

This space for rent Array Stiffler's Mom's Avatar
    2003 Yamaha R6
    FWIW, there's a toy store on east side of commercial (N of 1st somewhere) that sells high-quality wooden ones.
    - Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!

:D Array
    Smart move. I know you're really replacing the Honda with something safer ;P

I saw a place on Commercial that sells them a while back.

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    We have a 10" adams. It's metal, but it's worked well and withstood a lot of abuse.. ie me riding it with my daughter on the handlebars... lol you can get them basically anywhere.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Steveston Village
    Triumph Thruxton
    Had a adams/noroco for my daughter, pretty tough bike, wish wheels were rubber, the plastic numbers look worn after a month of usage, heavy bike for when they first start.
    Got a fancy wooden one that looked like a mini kawi, it sucked, heavy, terrible seat for the kids.
    Had a cheap $20 unit from winners for my son, it was a awesome bike, should have bought them all up. Light, neon wheels for extra speed, and tires were rubber.
    Got a fancy balance bike that converted to a pedal bike, sounds good on paper, but reality it sucked.

Every week a new variation comes out, check out the bikes shops, they tend to carry more of the non wooden ones.
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    New West
    Adams/Norco are now defunct. No longer made. Stryder is the only metal bike made still. Wooden bikes can be found at places like Toys R Us, but I'd suggest a metal bike, like the Stryder. I got mine at Cambie Cycles for my nephew.
    WMRC #42
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Registered User Array
    North Vancouver
    09 CBR 125R /03 CBR 600RR
    we went to dunbar cycles to see both metal (giant pre pushbike) and wood (early rider balance bike)
    went with the giant

I did my research on balance bikes before I bought my son a Strider.

Many wooden ones are quite heavy, and not as strong. The Strider was expensive, but it's stupid light. And trust me, it makes a difference when you have to carry the tired child AND the bike back because they spent all of their energy riding there, and have non left to ride back. The light weight also gives the child more confidence, as well as allow them to move, pickup, or unstuck their bikes without you having to go help. (I'm lazy)

The new gen Strider also has revised (smaller) seat and grips. It also has the lowest starting height. It is the best choice if you want to start them young.

I got one just after my son turned 2. He decided all by himself to lift his legs and balance in less than 4 months.

Btw, he calls it his "motorcycle". I guess it makes sense since it doesn't have pedals.

There's a few videos of him riding the Strider on my YouTube channel if you're interested: