Looking to get away for a few days of camping on the upcoming
long-weekend, and don't want to go to my usual spot by Cultus,
but rather something new and more remote.
- quiet, remote (little to no people)
- roomy, open~ish area (can let the dog run around without
worrying about cars or other people)
- water (lake or river for swimming, maybe light fishing)
- near a town or store (basic shopping)
- accessible by normal car & no more than 4-6 hours away
from Vancouver; prefer Canada-side
- no one to hassle me about a few beers
Anyone know of a nice spot? I heard of a few options just off
hwy 99 between Whistler and Pemberton, but haven't been myself.
Interior would probably be a safer bet, but I've only stayed
in a few provincial campgrounds near Salmon Arm, and those
won't really work.