Stuntman/wingsuit flyer Mark Sutton ...

Thread: Stuntman/wingsuit flyer Mark Sutton ...

at a critical lean angle
    2006 K1200S

Stuntman/wingsuit flyer Mark Sutton ...

... was recently killed during a wingsuit proximity flying adventure (apparently he was so mangled, they had to use DNA samples to confirm his identity), and because he was moderately 'famous' (he parachuted into the Olympic Games ceremonies dressed as James Bond) The Guardian News has written an "oh gasp - tragic accident - people are asking 'how could this happen'" article ...

WTF do they think. These nutbars are skimming mere mm's past rocks at 200 kph, with little to no directional control, just for a rush (and a moment of fame); well one miscalculation and SPLAT - the body explodes into a fine, red vapour.

Whatever. It'd be akin to a motorbike rider splitting lanes at 260 kph through 80 kph traffic. I suppose at least the wingsuit guys are only really endangering themselves.

I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

New West
    No surprise, he wont be the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    right. don't go splat. thanx
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    You can bet that restrictions are under way. Can't have people just 'opting out' like that, after all. I'm sure some politician who has never even so much as sat on a swingset knows better.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Whistler, BC
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    I agree 100%. Somebody dies in some extremely rare accident and all of a sudden there has to be new rules. It's like the Python incident, it was already illegal for the guy to have the snake and they're trying to find ways to change the laws so this never happens again. I know it's not the same as the wingsuit thing, but it gets down to the same issue; which is that people die, and not all deaths are preventable. Time we get over that.

It wasn't the first wingnutter to die, won't be the last. These guys know the risks, and I'm sure they have a hell of a lot of fun doing it. I wish I had the balls to try it. Hopefully they don't start closing/banning Wingsuits everywhere.

Registered User Array Fanny Bay R1's Avatar
    Fanny Bay
    06 Yamaha R1, 01 Dookie 996
    There should be wing suit speed limits -- say 70kph -- and if you caught doing say 111 kph they should seize your wing suit!!
    06 Yamaha R1 (50th Anniversary) - R1's forever!!
    Georgeous Ducati 996 (the only bike as pretty as my R1!!)