PSA/Nighthawk Border Crossing.

Thread: PSA/Nighthawk Border Crossing.

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX

PSA/Nighthawk Border Crossing.

As of Thurs/Friday the Loomis-Oroville road from the border crossing at Nighthawk to Oroville is oiled graville/chip seal. I don't know if this includes the road to Nighhawk, pass the lake and hooking up with 97 S of Oroville, but I suspect yes. The border guard left his station and walked out to the road to inform riders. It was rideable though. Don't know when the paving will be complete.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

2. Remove Advertisements

Maple Ridge
    2007 GSX-R750
    Thanks for the heads up.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    anyone I can lean against
    Be great to know if the entire Loomis-Oroville Road is chipsealed or not. That would be one heck of a ride from Tonasket to Nighthawk if that were the case.

Usually, they lay down the bitumen on top of gravel, if they have chewed up the existing road bed and then lay gravel over top. They let it sit for a few weeks with people driving over it and then they sweep off the remaining loose gravel. If they have just laid down the bitumen, I would avoid it.
    Last edited by heisenberg9; 08-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.

at a critical lean angle
    2006 K1200S
    Chip seal - even when cured - is not a highly enjoyable riding surface
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.