BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

New Suit

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Land Roving 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
So after a few seasons of riding with a textile jacket + pants or kevlar jeans, I've finally taken the plunge in purchasing a set of leathers. I debated over a one vs two piece suit, and spent a number of hours doing the research, the "my first leathers..." thread helped alot. Two piece is versatile, but one piece was overall "safer".

So the main factor was cost in making the decision between the two and the suit I've taken and thrown my money at was this one found on newenough.com

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...a_one_piece_leather_motorcycle_race_suit.html

Being at nearly half price from $1k, I'd count it as a steal. =D

And it seems to have held up great from some crashes so it seems to have the +1 on safety.
http://www.trackdaymag.com/tracktested/248-crash-tested-agv-sport-laguna-1-piece-suit.html
http://www.trackdaymag.com/gearbox/166-crash-tested-again-agv-sport-laguna-1-piece-suit.html

I plan to use this suit for future practice/track at GMR and the ART course. Hopefully I'll have enough saved for a small dedicated track bike for next season since I currently ride a Thruxton, it isn't really track orientated....yet? (plus no trailer/truck to transport...so a long way to go to get this new sport going)

Ok well, let me know what you think. I'll probably try and post up a pic once it arrives. Totally stoked for the next season.

See less See more
#2 ·
I was very close to picking that suit up myself. I'm just too much of a Dainese brand ho unfortunately lol.

I personally use the 2 piece due to its versatility. I still haven't found a one piece suit with equivalent armor as my main Dainese jacket from other brands except for the top of the line $1500-2K stuff

#3 ·
Oh and before I forget, I know the supplied foam pad is going to be garbage compared to legit armor/protector and as per other threads, a back protector that goes to the tailbone is best protection on a track. As great as it is to buy new things, I'm wondering if I could just install one of the in gear back protectors from my other jackets into this suit. Or if I should wear my icon styker vest under the suit? just would like to use what I have before shelling out more $$ for another back protector

Full on back protector w/ tailbone coverage>icon stryker vest?>in gear protector?

Thoughts?

#4 ·
dainese wave w/scapula. Lightweight, breathable, and great coverage. I've gone through a few, and this by far is the best one i've used. It's also low profile so it doesn't change the fit of your jacket that much unlike others. The best thing i can say about this backprotector is that it's contoured and so light I don't feel it as I ride unlike others I've tried. It's expensive, but you pay for what you get.

#8 · (Edited)
#9 ·
So picked it up from Pt Roberts last weekend. Got dinged with duty but oh wells.

Tried it on once I got it home, and boy, was that a struggle. I broke into a sweat trying to pull it on, it's like I had to dislocate my shoulder to contort my upper body into the suit, and a lot of arm flailing to try and take it off. What a fun experience.

Well, once I was in, it felt snug all around. The shoulders were a bit too tight, like the armor was putting some pressure on my shoulders, but maybe that'll loosen up once I break it in.

#10 ·
So picked it up from Pt Roberts last weekend. Got dinged with duty but oh wells.

Tried it on once I got it home, and boy, was that a struggle. I broke into a sweat trying to pull it on, it's like I had to dislocate my shoulder to contort my upper body into the suit, and a lot of arm flailing to try and take it off. What a fun experience.

Well, once I was in, it felt snug all around. The shoulders were a bit too tight, like the armor was putting some pressure on my shoulders, but maybe that'll loosen up once I break it in.
Good luck with that - now you know why I never buy clothing items on-line.

#11 ·
That sucks man...thats why I didnt buy mine online, as they all fit differently. Paid a little bit extra and bought my A* suit from Aaron at Modern, who brought it in for me and agreed to inventory it should the size be a little off.

#12 ·
Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess that's what I get for having a smaller chest vs wider shoulders (upside down triangle).

hahah I am optimistic though. Maybe I described it wrong, but the armor is cupping the right spot of my shoulders, and it's just a bit of pressure like an awkward hug around the shoulders from an ex-gf that still hasn't gotten over ya... if you get what I mean...

#14 ·
I had the same problem... in fact, I have the same problem with the majority of my jackets too. Once you're down into a riding position it mostly goes away, and with my own one-piece, it disappeared after it was broken in.

PS: If you haven't already, go buy some long-sleeved athletic undergarments from Icebreakers or something similar to wear under the suit. It'll keep you from getting glued into the bloody thing when you start sweating.

#13 ·
Every suit I've ever had has been tough to get on and off. If it was flappy like sweats it wouldn't work very well.

How does it feel when you're in position on the bike? I find that as soon as I go into a tuck the suit vanishes.

you may also be able to move or adjust the shoulder armor.

To get on and off you have to do a Houdini style slip out of a straight jacket move.

Some people dust themselves with talc or or baby powder to slip out. Other will get a second person to grab the sleeve when they shrug the suit off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.