Billet Oil Filers

Thread: Billet Oil Filers

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX

Billet Oil Filers

http://www.kandpengineering.com/S1.shtml Are you using something like this plus a magnetic drain plug? http://www.drainplugmagnets.com/hondamotorcycles.php
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    RC
    I hear it's best to have two. You circulate them between changes so one's in the parts washer and the other is on the bike.

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I hear it's best to have two. You circulate them between changes so one's in the parts washer and the other is on the bike.
    Are you mocking me? However, I only have one and I just ordered the drain plug.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Bike
    RC
    No I'm serious. Guys who use them run two. Put one in a washer and have the other on the bike.

That's why I don't have one. I don't have a nice washer to soak it in (but maybe this winter that will change).

Bike
    DR650
    I use the magnetic drain plug. It catches alot of particles. Not sure about the bike, but makes me feel good when I change the oil.

Procycle sells honda accessories. Maybe you could compare plug sizes with a parts fiche as its half the price.

http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/xr650l.html
    Click to View

Law of Logical Argument - "Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about"

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticSouth on ADVRider.com
    If i was put here on earth to be a practical functional, purposeful member of society... im a happy FAIL

Registered User Array
    Bike
    the particles doing damage to your engine can't be seen and will easily pass through most of the most reusable filters. for long trips where carrying filters isn't ideal, sure, for everything else meh. cost of paper filters and ease of use gets my vote, even if you break even on cost of the reusable one, what about the time and products used to clean the thing? the drain plug is a no brainer though, all engines shoudl come with them stock. many people use secondary magnets in the pan to catch even more particulates.