Comm Systems w/ Integrated mic

Thread: Comm Systems w/ Integrated mic

Registered User Array
    2006 Yamaha R6

Comm Systems w/ Integrated mic

Hey guys, I use a full face helmet and I used to have a chatterbox x2 system but I hated it because I would feel the front Mic touching my lips and I like to hold my helmet with my hand in the front area and so I just hated having a Mic in the helmet. I heard some comm kits not have mics integrated in the speakers any review or recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements

New West
    Suggestion - get over it, and buy a Sena.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

'09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    Suggestion - get over it, and buy a Sena.
    I second the motion.

Registered User Array SuperSlab's Avatar
    2006 GSX-R750

UClear: recommended

We are now on our third generation of headsets:

First off: got a cheap wired system to "test the waters" some 4 years ago. Was OK but it was always on so picked up a lot of wind noise ALL THE TIME and battery life was poor.

Second step: got a Scala G4 set. Very much better. However: in spite of a couple of firmware updates the Vox part just did not work that well. On top of that we bought the sets with the bigger boom mikes (wired mikes were not yet available at that time). The mikes were intrusive and a bit of a pain.

Now: I am sending this from Rome in Italy. We are on a long planned bike trip in Italy: will be picking up a Ducati Multistrada in Milan on Sunday. In preparation for this trip we decided that, if possible, we would like to improve our intercom. So after reading a fair bit we dove in and bought a couple of UClear HBC200 headsets.

After a few rides I must say: these are great! They were a breeze to fit, the "non-microphones" work great, the noise cancelling is great, the vox part works: all in all just a good product.

We will be giving these a workout for the next two weeks starting on Sunday, but so far I am very impressed.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac
    depends what you want it for

passenger to rider comm? probably u-clear.

bike to bike comm with ability to listen to music via BT, have alerts from gps, radar detector, phone? SENA all the way.

i do not want to hear someone else singing along/sneezing/sniffling/etc. being able to close channel is also a plus. most people i go on rides with rock the sena, so that helped force the decision between it and scala rider.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

2005 Warrior 1700, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    If you get the "Sena SMH10 Universal Bluetooth Headset" it comes with the 'WIRED" mic and a boom mic.

If you can only get the boom mic unit or have a second helmet you can buy a second helmet clamp kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post

I was going to write something but I couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Islesfan91 View Post

what was the topic again?

Registered User Array
    Interior BC
    Sena SMH-10 snowmobile kit from Canadas motorcycle comes with 2 units and both mic options for both units.
    Stand and Deliver....

"Ahh Crap.. That cant be good...."

The scalarider G9 also comes with both wired and boom mics in the box. Out of the systems I have tried it gets my vote.

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    I vote the Sena. Excellent controls. I use it 98% of the time to listen to music on my phone (commuting to work and back). You could also wire up your audio or radar detector to the 3.5mm jack in the unit.

Charging is simple, use any micro usb charger. Excellent audio quality, simply excellent. I use the boommics and yeah sometimes it's in your face, but that's not a big deal. I've hard that that stick on wired mics pick up too much noise so be careful of that.