I am buying a new car for my sister. She's in university and her schedule is getting pretty hectic. The bus just doesn't cut it anymore when she's volunteering, going to school, community center work, etc.
I have a budget of $5000. On a second thought, I may consider $6000. Not only I need a car that can get her from point A to B, I also need a car where she can go out with it.
1. Honda Civic
2. Mazda 3 (Looks way better than the Civic. Probably not the 04 Mazda since that is when they started making them and probably has a lot of issues.)
3. I'm open to other choices as well if you have something that you recommend!
1. When I buy a motorcycle, I always do a full mechanical inspection. What are some reputable auto shops for a full mechanical inspection?
2. If I buy a used car from a dealership (eg. Honda Dealership and not some used car place), are their cars more reliable and free of problems? Do I still need to do a full mechanical inspection if buying used from dealership?
3. Do I save 7% on tax if I buy it privately (eg. Craigslist)?
4. Would you buy collision/theft insurance for a $5000 car? I think she can save about 1k/yr without collision/theft insurance. If nothing happens to the car in 5yrs, we are good!