BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Duffey thursday sep 26

7K views 47 replies 15 participants last post by  greenboy 
#1 ·
late start so hopefully it warms up a bit

#3 ·
Could be one of the last good days before the black ice settles in. Sun all the way to Lillooet, Cache Creek and Hope.

#4 ·
Hmmm. I have to do a stop at Hy's in Whistler for measurements on Thursday so post up when you actually depart and I might start early and tag on at whistler!

#5 ·
last week i was passing through n. van ~ 11 or so and the timing on the duffey was perfect warmth-wise. this week is way colder. i was thinking same start or thereabout? i just hope they don't salt cuz if they do i'm turning around. i got that stuff on 2 bikes last yr and it would not come off in some spots.

#11 ·
I need to ride, been so busy with work all week, time for some fresh air.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread closely too. Where else can one go
for a day ride, with cold mornings and limited sunlight??? I need to be back
home by 6ish, so 11 would be the very latest I would want to leave.

May even consider 10am, with late lunch at Big Sky.....maybe after a Duff run?

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
No doubt about it Peter: my shit is shit! And I do love to mentor the young women! I think though if you care to dig through all the posts here on BCBS, FB and ask peeps that know me that you'll find it's pretty even the mentoring I've done from pretty young things to fat and ugly old guys like me. I'm always happy to help keep someone out of the rhubarb that's willing to seek assistance.
As for style; only I can look like that on a supermoto!

#12 ·
bill, i sent LCP your motard picture for some pointers on the roundabouts :laughing

so what 10:45 at the church or you guys wanna meet up in sq?

digby, you coming from merritt? btw duffey to the end of good pavement and back or some may prefer all the way to lillooet and still be back with or ahead of me :laughing

#26 · (Edited)
so what 10:45 at the church or you guys wanna meet up in sq?

digby, you coming from merritt?
i was earlier, but it got a bit late so i rode down the canyon home into the night...

i'm game for any time after 10,... i left a bit late today, 11:30am ish and the sun hid too damn quick
for my likes, but i did have a long lunch in merritt :laughing

see y'all at 10:45, Taylor way church :coffee

#16 ·
damn you all! I have to work :(

I do have the weekend off though and plan to spend it in the pouring rain at the track. That's still better than a good day at the office!

#31 ·
damn you all! I have to work :(
I have to work until 1 pm today. I may scoot up to Squish for a coffee later in the afternoon - what time do you think you will be heading back thru Squamish? I may see you there.... may be last nice day for a while

#38 · (Edited)
YOU HOOLIGANS!!! :D

We however; had ample time to enjoy the scenery! In fact; about three hours! Lol!

...that's 3 hours Church to Whistler!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.