Mayors; Ford vs Robertson
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayors; Ford vs Robertson

Bike

Mayors; Ford vs Robertson

I thought we had it bad with mayor Robertson with the bike lanes and back yard chickens.

Could be worst, we could have Mayor Rob Ford.
    I wonder what his approach to the Downtown Eastside would be !
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    I wonder what his approach to the Downtown Eastside would be !
    A real 'hands on' approach, no doubt.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Would be to stop tossing millions of dollars at the problem and find a solution?

Fiscal cons ftw!
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Insert User Title Here. Array TripleTime's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes.
    Classic debate: Unicorns and rainbows vs. crackpipes and cheeseburgers.

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    To better understand the problem Ford would embark on a fact-finding mission, spending two weeks on the pipe, passing out in alleyways (overnight whenever possible), and hitting up every $5 stroller in sight.

FYI: Toronto Police have video apparently showing mayor smoking crack
    Last edited by frontside5; 11-01-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: link added

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Hm. Mayor that allegedly smokes crack, but doesn't have his head completely up his ass fiscally, or a health nut mayor hell bent on bankrupting the city in support of pet projects and special interest groups? Tough choice.

In all reality I don't know much about Rob Ford beyond these allegations but I can tell you that TO Police Chief Bill Blair is a complete and utter fuckwit of the first degree, and his mere involvement in this investigation makes me question its just as it will have be questioning whatever findings they reveal.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Back in the saddle Array canuckerstone's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja ZX7R
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    Hm. Mayor that allegedly smokes crack, but doesn't have his head completely up his ass fiscally, or a health nut mayor hell bent on bankrupting the city in support of pet projects and special interest groups? Tough choice.

In all reality I don't know much about Rob Ford beyond these allegations but I can tell you that TO Police Chief Bill Blair is a complete and utter fuckwit of the first degree, and his mere involvement in this investigation makes me question its just as it will have be questioning whatever findings they reveal.
    That's the first thing I thought of when Blair announced his press conference. Talk about kettle black - this is the guy responsible for clear human/civil rights violations during the G20 debacle. Not exactly squeeky clean - funny he said he was deeply 'disappointed' as well. There is a serious 'agenda' of individuals that are hell bent on getting Ford kicked out of office, and I wouldn't be surprised if Blair is in on it somehow.

It's a shame Ford's F the world attitude just gives ammo to his enemies.
    '02 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

They're professionals when it comes to emptying a pocket book so if you decide to go that route remember that you are not paying them to be with you.

You're paying them to leave.

Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckerstone View Post
    That's the first thing I thought of when Blair announced his press conference. Talk about kettle black - this is the guy responsible for clear human/civil rights violations during the G20 debacle. Not exactly squeeky clean - funny he said he was deeply 'disappointed' as well. There is a serious 'agenda' of individuals that are hell bent on getting Ford kicked out of office, and I wouldn't be surprised if Blair is in on it somehow.

It's a shame Ford's F the world attitude just gives ammo to his enemies.
    That, and his outspoken BS about the CACP claims regarding the long gun registry demonstrated to me that any moral and ethical compass the man may have had has long since been replaced by selfishness and a deep-seated love for a bureacracy's ability to disguise, obfuscate, and otherwise twist the truth to serve his own interests.

The mere fact that he's a police chief that has essentially leaked the fact that the Toronto police have possession of what sounds like the infamous video demonstrates exactly how little respect he has for our judicial system. He freely admits that there's nothing in the video to support criminal charges being filed against Ford, but he sure doesn't mind supplying ample evidence to the court of public opinion because undoubtedly the prejudice it creates there serves his needs somehow. Based on that ethical malfeasance alone, if I was Ford, I'd be after Bill Blair's head with everything I had.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    So I clicked on this link after reading the previous article. What a farce this whole saga has become:

Under surveillance: Rob Ford seen urinating in public, dumping liquor bottles after Lisi meetings

So his own police force has been following him around and snapping pics of him peeing.

Bike
    rsv4r
    Can't he fire that cop? Isn't he technically his boss?
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by frontside5 View Post
    So I clicked on this link after reading the previous article. What a farce this whole saga has become:

Under surveillance: Rob Ford seen urinating in public, dumping liquor bottles after Lisi meetings

So his own police force has been following him around and snapping pics of him peeing.
    Not to mention also documenting his taste in liquor:

After the pair left, police officers went through the garbage can and found what are “believed to be two empty vodka bottles” — one for Iceberg Vodka and the other for Russian Prince Vodka— in the plastic bag Ford threw away earlier.
    Oh. My. God. So are we to infer that HE... DOESN'T... RECYCLE!? SWEET BABY JESUS.

Of particular note seems to be that the police only "believe" them to be empty vodka bottles... yes indeed, the Toronto PD must have their absolute best and brightest on this case, because identifying if an object is; 1) a bottle, 2) manufactured to contain vodka, and 3) empty is assuredly a deductive puzzle that would stump even Sherlock. Or an otter.

Bike
    guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    The mere fact that he's a police chief that has essentially leaked the fact that the Toronto police have possession of what sounds like the infamous video demonstrates exactly how little respect he has for our judicial system. He freely admits that there's nothing in the video to support criminal charges being filed against Ford, but he sure doesn't mind supplying ample evidence to the court of public opinion because undoubtedly the prejudice it creates there serves his needs somehow. Based on that ethical malfeasance alone, if I was Ford, I'd be after Bill Blair's head with everything I had.
    First of all, Ford complaining about anyone else's "ethical malfeasance" would be pretty loltastic. Given the media feeding frenzy around the case and that video in particular the chief had to say SOMETHING. There is no way he would have been able to keep it under wraps that they had the infamous crack smoking video. Especially given Ford's vehement denials that the video even existed.

Bike
    guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    Can't he fire that cop? Isn't he technically his boss?
    I suppose he could but given the fact that Ford has been identified as a target of the investigation how well do you really think that would work?

Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    First of all, Ford complaining about anyone else's "ethical malfeasance" would be pretty loltastic.
    Why?

Given the media feeding frenzy around the case and that video in particular the chief had to say SOMETHING. There is no way he would have been able to keep it under wraps that they had the infamous crack smoking video. Especially given Ford's vehement denials that the video even existed.
    So you think it's appropriate that a police chief reveal only enough information to incite more prejudice against a man that the police chief himself admits is not seen committing any criminal activity?

EDIT: I'm not defending Ford; got no idea of his disposition throughout this. I definitely don't agree with Bill Blair's actions though, and there are definitely enough skeletons in Blair's closet to warrant firing him without anyone in the media blinking an eye.

Bike
    rsv4r
    Job security action?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I suppose he could but given the fact that Ford has been identified as a target of the investigation how well do you really think that would work?