BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1800CC naked goldwing...

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  gwilo 
#1 ·
enjoy...

#3 ·
The GL1800 F6B has been sitting on showroom floors. I think they are tres cool, but then I like the DN-01 as well so that should tell you something.

I can't see many of these heading out the door either, but kudos to Big Red for trying.

#12 ·
What's with the "transformer single eye" type headlight? I see another showroom/warehouse queen heading this way.

That said, going up against the VMAX, Rocket 111, and Diavel, visually,,,,you don't have to work very hard to produce something actually LESS ugly.

I'm being quickly relegated to 'old person' status based on new bike visual design, I simply am truly puzzled and confused by this trend. I guess it's good for my bank account, as there's less and less chance every year I can see myself buying a new bike based on visual attraction.

#14 ·
Here's what I've found about the new design cues on bikes these day.

They all look like shit in the photos but great in person. I don't know why that is, if it's scale or the digital image is washing out key details or just the amount of buffing they get in photoshop but really they don't photo well.

As an example the Desmosedici. It looks like a big red swaybacked whale in a photo. See it in person and it's like a different bike.

I've seen that happen on so many others also.

I'm not a fan of these power cruisers to start so I suspect in person this won't excite me but chances are that it won't look as bad as it does here.

#21 ·
The old Valkyrie was a solid well loved bike that Honda stopped making in 2003. It was getting a decent following at one time. Looks like they are trying to bring it back. Same name, completely different bike although (once again) it is built using a GW engine.

Not sure how many they will sell though. It is definitely a specialty bike. The insurance on it would be a killer. No good for commuting, Not setup for touring either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.