I am so happy!
So my girlfriend and I are sitting watchin TV after a great dinner and suddently we're stuck on channel 2. She reaches for the remote and its gone. We scour the appartment and can't find it. Seriously we think we are going crazy because we hadn't got up in a 1/2 hour and this thing is nowhere to be found. We're just laughing out loud because this thing is gone! Had already pulled the cushins off the couch twice or three times already but I pull them off again.
Okay, I have this really old, super ugly, 70's style couch that I got for free off the internet when I was living alone and a student (seriously I'm not making that up). This remote has got to be in here somewhere. Using all my strenth I pry this couch apart on the side (I'd never be able to describe it right) using my foot for leverage and I find this hole that goes deep into the front and bottom of the couch where there is no access, like where your heels would be touching. I'm arm deep and its kinda gross because I'm afraid of spiders and I'm sure they are crawling all over my hand. This is what I found:
1) A very cool technical pencil (not mine).
2) A parking ticket from UBC in 2000 for a Fourrunner. I don't have a fourunner and I had the couch before 2000 so this is very strange indeed.
3) Lotsa money (ok, no only a few bucks).
4) One of those swiss cards that has all the tools in it (knife, scissors, etc but is the size of a credit card).
5) The remote control!
6) The other remote control that we lost 6 months ago, one of those Sony all-in-one's that I blamed April for losing or throwing out for months because she always complained that it was too confusing.
7) And number 7!!! This is why I'm so happy!! My absolutely favorite watch that I've ever owned in my life, that I lost a few years ago. Its a pretty expensive (for me) citizen eco drive (3 or 4 bills) that cannot be bought in Canada. How do I know this, because for months after I researched the hell outta this thing and found that it and could only be bought in Japan and Britian. I guess the Jewler had ordered this specially or something because I never could get a replacement and I loved the thing because it was totally indestrucable. I am so thrilled.
Anyways, just thought I'd share my excitement. Go check your couches, I bet you can't find as much as I did. Look for the secret compartment.