BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Bike stolen

4K views 63 replies 28 participants last post by  SpideRider 
#1 ·
Fuck.
Woke up at 6 a.m. today, looked out the window and sure enough, my covered baby is gone.
Stolen.
It was covered, disc lock and steering locked.
I had a feeling something was up. When I went out to the bike yesterday, the cover was pulled up enough to expose the disc brake lock. I figured it was just some kids taking a look.
Guess not.
In the extreme off chance anyone spots it, my bike is a 1996 Yamaha YZF1000, red and white. It has a D&D slip-on so it's pretty loud.
The Stolen Bike Club isn't one I wanted to belong to. :(
I live out in Mission so this is proof theft happens everywhere.
Now, onto to ICBC...

#4 ·
I did just buy it this year. Just put it on the road like 10 days ago. I didn't think anyone would bother with an older sportbike, but I locked it and covered it nonetheless.
I feel like I'm going burst. Just spoke with ICBC and I have an appointment with an adjuster tomorrow morning.
We'll see how it goes.

#5 ·
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
I'am so sorry to here that man!:mad That just pisses me right off! I WILL be on the lookout!!!!!!!I hope your dealings with ICBC are short and sweet! I was gonna call you to ride today too!!!!!!!!!!!!All I can say is FUCK!!!

G
#20 ·
Man that sucks big time. I too am in the valley and even though i knew i wasn't immune i still hoped deep inside it wouldn't happen out here. I just hope that my day doesn't come to realize my baby is gone. Sorry bout your loss dude :( Good luck with the ICBC people.

#22 ·
I feel for you, when my bike was stolen they even took the chain they cut, and the cover as well..

#23 ·
Oh Jason, I am so sorry. You seemed to enjoy that bike so much. If you can get a replacement bike, Jerry's is still at Pacific Yamaha.
I can't believe how often this is happening. Is it more than last year, or are there more people on the board and we are more aware?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.