Tsawwassen to Richmond wtf?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsawwassen to Richmond wtf?

Bike
    2015 FZ07

Tsawwassen to Richmond wtf?

Did my first run back to Richmond from the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal this afternoon since the road changes to Hwy 17 were completed. OMFG. Would it have killed the idiots who did the signage to put something on the direction signs that actually meant something to the people reading them?
    I mean....put "Richmond" or "To Tunnel" on the signs....even temporarily until people figure out how to navigate the mess that they've created.
    The confusion displayed by every driver coming off the ferry both in front of and behind me when we reached the new section of road was epic.
    I mean really...who is in charge of making these signs? He/She needs a HARD slap upside the head.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Fookin Prawn Array
    I didn't find the new signs difficult to comprehend if you're paying attention. Just like on the way to the ferry it says Ferry traffic exit 26. Amazing what happens when you follow instructions lol.

Bike
    '06 cbr600rr
    I felt the same way with the changes to hwy 1 to united/lougheed when they were constantly changing everything
    Might just be the change and not being used to it

Registered User Array
    Bike
    95 KTM 620, bike number 17...
    That signage completely sucks. Freaking stupid setup.

corner worker Array solo soldier's Avatar
    Bike
    I need more room in the shop!
    Well, I don't know what to say, other than good on you, cause so many people don't read signs, most don't, cause they can't read English.

I know what your saying though, I found it really confusing to learn a whole new area, let alone trying to make a living at it!

What made it even worse, is most of the new roads are not even on my GPS.

Then there are those days, where I'm doing the usual route, and they go and change the off ramp, not a huge deal, only that figuring out what to do in the dark and its raining to boot, is a real challange.... well that, and the truck is pulling a 60 foot loaded trailer with 90 thousand pounds on the decks....lol

And they give me the finger!

lol
    As Einstein stated: "All our lauded technological progress -- our very civilization -- is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal."

Fookin Prawn Array
    I suppose it is a lot to ask to have people actually paying attention while driving. Sending that tweet was more important than getting home.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Stay the hell off my Surrey race track

Registered User Array BugMagnet's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Suzuki DL1000A
    The only confusion is that they made the main thoroughfare the Hwy #17 with two lanes, and if you want the old route to the tunnel, you actually have to exit. It's backwards. Once you figure it out though, its easy enough, and you can still get to the Tunnel if you get it wrong, just takes a bit more gas and time. I would guess you ended up on the 17 OneTrack? hehe

Hwy 17 is fantastic IMO. Cuts the commute to North Delta in half, and you skirt around Surrey instead of suffering through it. Huge improvement.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrack View Post
    Did my first run back to Richmond from the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal this afternoon since the road changes to Hwy 17 were completed. OMFG. Would it have killed the idiots who did the signage to put something on the direction signs that actually meant something to the people reading them?
    I mean....put "Richmond" or "To Tunnel" on the signs....even temporarily until people figure out how to navigate the mess that they've created.
    The confusion displayed by every driver coming off the ferry both in front of and behind me when we reached the new section of road was epic.
    I mean really...who is in charge of making these signs? He/She needs a HARD slap upside the head.
    Did a job in Tsawwassen today, had no issues with it. Course I wasn't texting and eating my lunch, or yapping at somebody.

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    I live with it daily and it's a steaming pile of shit.

That 17A now exits off 17? Stupid.
    That they built that interchange where they did so that it required the building of four or five more overpasses when it's nothing but flat land for miles? Stupid.
    The fact that they didn't pic anywhere flat so as to maintain 17A's 4-lane construction instead of reducing the existing highway infrastructure to one lane each way? Stupid.
    That the weird HOV lane/River road access lanes they've put in reduced the on-ramp off 17A towards 99 Northbound (into the tunnel) to a single lane at a pre-existing choke point when it had four lanes? Stupid.
    The fact that the signage at 99 seems to indicate that going the same direction will take you towards both Vancouver and Seattle? Stupid.
    That the signage near Nordel reads "Go this way for Vancouver and this way for Hope" when the neighbouring cities are Richmond and Surrey? Stupid.
    That the signage near Nordel says that when both Hope and Vancouver are about equidistant from that point regardless of the direction you take? Stupid.
    The fact that the HOV lane north seems to exit towards Ladner/Tsawwassen which results in people diving out of it? Stupid.
    That the Tsawwassen exit off 99 Northbound requires you exit across the HOV lane? Stupid.
    That a road supposedly designed for heavy truck traffic has a corner that induces understeer in most passenger cars at merely 60? Stupid.
    That the road's built with so little camber that container trucks have proven themselves capable of flipping while traversing one which subsequently causes the road to close? Stupid.
    That, once the SFPR is closed and traffic has to revert back to the existing infrastructure, the reductions made to existing infrastructure make travelling from North Delta to South Delta a three hour trip? Fucking retarded.

It's a piece of shit, with shit signage, and shit engineering. In fact, the only thing it WOULD be good for is ripping back and forth along like 5thGear suggested, but between the deer strikes and the huge police presence, it's pretty much just a piece of shit.
    Last edited by Land Roving; 01-31-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    LR for transportation minister!
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    I live with it daily and it's a steaming pile of shit.

That 17A now exits off 17? Stupid.
    That they built that interchange where they did so that it required the building of four or five more overpasses when it's nothing but flat land for miles? Stupid.
    The fact that they didn't pic anywhere flat so as to maintain 17A's 4-lane construction instead of reducing the existing highway infrastructure to one lane each way? Stupid.
    That the weird HOV lane/River road access lanes they've put in reduced the on-ramp off 17A towards 99 Northbound (into the tunnel) to a single lane at a pre-existing choke point when it had four lanes? Stupid.
    The fact that the signage at 99 seems to indicate that going the same direction will take you towards both Vancouver and Seattle? Stupid.
    That the signage near Nordel reads "Go this way for Vancouver and this way for Hope" when the neighbouring cities are Richmond and Surrey? Stupid.
    That the signage near Nordel says that when both Hope and Vancouver are about equidistant from that point regardless of the direction you take? Stupid.
    The fact that the HOV lane north seems to exit towards Ladner/Tsawwassen which results in people diving out of it? Stupid.
    That the Tsawwassen exit off 99 Northbound requires you exit across the HOV lane? Stupid.
    That a road supposedly designed for heavy truck traffic has a corner that induces understeer in most passenger cars at merely 60? Stupid.
    That the road's built with so little camber that container trucks have proven themselves capable of flipping while traversing one which subsequently causes the road to close? Stupid.
    That, once the SFPR is closed and traffic has to revert back to the existing infrastructure, the reductions made to existing infrastructure make travelling from North Delta to South Delta a three hour trip? Fucking retarded.

It's a piece of shit, with shit signage, and shit engineering. In fact, the only thing it WOULD be good for is ripping back and forth along like 5thGear suggested, but between the deer strikes and the huge police presence, it's pretty much just a piece of shit.
    While it may have looked like they could have done a better job placing those roads, we're not getting trolled. Land ownership played a big part and it also had something to do with the railway.

Bike
    I love the drive from Abbotsford to North west Delta now.

No more bullshit Highway 10, traffic lights to traffic lights forever.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    tourists my friend, not even anybody local really cares where ditchmond n' slurrey are any way... either take me down town or get me the fvck out of here thanks
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    I missed the correct turn at the new overpass and I wasn't texting, turning, or eating. Signage threw me off. I wanted 99 and the tunnel into Van but ended up way the F down the road till I saw the bridge. The signage still sucked but I figured it out. Biggest problem I see is the signage especially if you're an out of towner. From Tswasan(sp) keep to the right land and cross over the highway. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice, shame on me.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.