Nice weather for riders of all sorts.

Thread: Nice weather for riders of all sorts.

Crabalocker

Cool Nice weather for riders of all sorts.

when i pass other bikers on the street, i almost always wave, or give the "hang loose" sign. i generally get snubbed by anyone riding a cruiser. (even if it is made by the same company as my bike) i don't really mind, i still wave whenever i notice anyone riding. if i can't wave, i try to give the head nod. i was stopped at a light on king george hwy and 102 ave. (in surrey) and a cruiser pulled right up beside me in my lane. the guy was super friendly and commented on how it was a great day for riding. i was like "oh F*CK yeah!!" he smiled and then let me take off from the light first. if i were to have seen this guy riding before, i probably would have thought he was the typical goatee/skullcap/cruiser guy. but he seemed nice and down to earth. i think the nice weather brings out the best in people.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I still wave to everyone.
    Cruiser riders always look like they're having a miserable time on their bikes though. Take a look next time you see one. Do they every look pleased?
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Dekman
    Id be pissed if I was on a leaking, slow , cant stop bad handling bike as well. Besides have you seen whats on the back with them? Would that make you smile?

Otter
    I've given up waving to cruisers, but if they wave at me I always wave back. I think it messes up the "mean" image to say hello.

Not Hanging Out Here Array Sailor's Avatar
    Bike
    1978 Twinstar 185
    They can't wave cause they are using all their strength to hold onto the bars! Ever notice how long their arms are when they get off the bike?? (JK)

I always give the Hangloose and nobody has given it back yet!
    I'll keep trying.
    I ride purely, and only, because it is fun.

I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me.

**author unknown**

Bike
    BMW R1150 GS
    Must be spring. The "wave threads" have started.

Crabalocker
    well, the "insect" threads haven't started yet.
    (and i like waving and giving the "hang loose" sign, BTW)

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Bike
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    The hang loose sign is a definite must for sportbikers.

I don't know why you guys aren't getting waves.....i see harley riders and cruiser riders all the time....i even saw a mini moto whippin down the highway today They all wave to me.

I never wave to harley riders first, but they always seem to wave and then i return the gesture.

It's too funny when i go out with Bob, cuz cagers look at us with the weirdest of faces when they see a sportbike and a harley riding two up.
    Perhapse and aliance will be formed yet
    RICHES BEFORE BITCHES

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

His name is Wilburt. Array
    Bike
    Buell XB9R
    Originally posted by SpideRider
    I still wave to everyone.
    Cruiser riders always look like they're having a miserable time on their bikes though. Take a look next time you see one. Do they every look pleased?
    That is funny, I must remember that. I always wave to everyone, regardless. Same here, if I can't wave I nod. It is fun, a lot of cruisers won't wave but some look so happy when you do and then they wave back. Same thing on their side, some don't want to wave first. When they see you wave it's like "Oh, hey!". I know a lot of cruiser owners who have sportbikes too, so maybe the waving ones are among them. Funny thing is, a lot of the cruiser riders with a sport bike own some amazing bikes, Ducati's and such since they only take them out once in awhile. I am sure this is jumbled, I am trying to double task, watch tv and type, and it ain't working. Angus.
    I want to be a farmer.

Bike
    sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    I was getting gas the other day, and a Harley guy was also there on a differnt pump. He had a little six (?) year old boy on the back of his bike, and to my surprise, he waved at me just as I was getting ready to leave. Of course I waved back, and thought to myself "I hope he never changes." I had visions of his father teaching him that he should only wave to other Harley's, but I hope I'm wrong. The same thing happens sometimes when there are women on the back, since some only see a bike, and can't tell a Harley from anything else. Or maybe they're just more friendly in general.
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.

Crabalocker
    little kids LOVE my bike.
    i always get groups of them waving at me with their parents.
    i think it might be partly because it's bright yellow.

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Originally posted by Sailor

I always give the Hangloose and nobody has given it back yet!
    I'll keep trying.
    Yeah me too...always give the hangloose..but i jus get a nod or a wave back. I got it ONCE actually...near my house...guy on a blue R6 on 64th and 120th..anyone here? Anyways..there was a big discussion about a BCSB salute..and it was decided on the hangloose....made a big deal of it...yet no one uses it?!?!
    25,000 feet is my own little piece of heaven

blix

hi

i always give the low five and 90%off all bikes any make and modle seem to wave back.i like to think we all on 2 wheels and deal with same probs on the road.. lol cant we all just get along.