BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Passed the Road Test Today

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  spinko 
#1 ·
Hi all BCSB members. I passed :thumbup :thumbup :D :D

I'd like to thank all for the tips and to Slo-Mo for all he did for me. :thumbup

See you all on the road, especially the Blade-runners !!:rider

#12 ·
bcpopeye44 said:
Congrats!! :thumbup How was the instructor?
thanks the instructor was called eileen at the surrey station, wrond spelling probably. she was good wont rush you. this is how it goes, as long as they know that you're ok on the ride you'd get the license. but just make sure that you dont :

1. exceed 30 at the school zone.
2. cross the white line while taking aleft turn
3. forget to switch off the turn signal
4.stall

these are automatic fails..

and this is for "johan", nah dude it wasnt me, i'm a newb :(

#13 ·
ryanful said:
you just got your licence and you ride a 929rr?
Good luck! I'll be watching for your bike at the salvage sales. :(
Yeah..great words of encouragement. :rolleyes

Before you make comments about such things, why don't you ask how long they have been riding? How would you know if the guy isn't 50 yrs. old and riding since he was 2 yrs. old and just recently decided to legally get a license??? Maybe he likes 929's and rides no faster than 40km/h and is a great rider. Don't be so quick to judge people when you don't have your facts straight.

But anyway, great job Arnab, I hope to be getting my license soon after my Action lessons are over.

G
#15 ·
Sorry for the downer. It's just there are WAY TOO MANY guys rushing out and buying WAY TOO MUCH bike simply because the performance per dollar ratio for a motorcycle means that the average joe has no problem rushing out and picking up a brand new R1, GSX-R1000, 954rr, etc, even if he has never sat on a bike before. It is this kind of person that gets into accidents, and drives up insurance rates on big displacement bikes for the rest of us.

I'm a high-school auto mechanics teacher and even though I would love to see many of my students get into the sport of motorcycling, the last thing I want to do is see a newbie on too powerful a machine.

Arnab, I meant you no disrespect, congratsulations on passing the test. I hope that you are VERY comfortable with your choice of bike, and that you have nothing but positive experiences with motorcycles. But, please be safe. :)

The more experience you get, the better your ridding will be. Take some time to learn to do it right. I know that this approach will help save all of us. :cool

#16 ·
ryanful said:
Sorry for the downer. It's just there are WAY TOO MANY guys rushing out and buying WAY TOO MUCH bike simply because the performance per dollar ratio for a motorcycle means that the average joe has no problem rushing out and picking up a brand new R1, GSX-R1000, 954rr, etc, even if he has never sat on a bike before. It is this kind of person that gets into accidents, and drives up insurance rates on big displacement bikes for the rest of us.

I'm a high-school auto mechanics teacher and even though I would love to see many of my students get into the sport of motorcycling, the last thing I want to do is see a newbie on too powerful a machine.

Arnab, I meant you no disrespect, congratsulations on passing the test. I hope that you are VERY comfortable with your choice of bike, and that you have nothing but positive experiences with motorcycles. But, please be safe. :)

The more experience you get, the better your ridding will be. Take some time to learn to do it right. I know that this approach will help save all of us. :cool
:p

none taken ryan, i know you meant well. i get that a lot when people find out that my first bike is a 929. havent dropped it yet :p , again you guys rock :rider see you on the road, and inferno, it was a pleasure meeting you today at joey tomato's....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.