Taste of Racing

Thread: Taste of Racing

2009 ZX10R

Taste of Racing

Any more info on Taste of Racing?
    It sounds like you pay $10 to do a few fan laps at a controlled pace during the lunch break.

Trying to figure out what type of crowd it is. Old guys blowing off some steam? New riders trying out their skills? Experienced riders getting in some fast laps?

My girlfriend is just brand new to riding and wonder if this would be a good idea for her, or if she would be too overwhelmed by riding fast at close proximity to other bikes.
    Now... bring me that horizon.

2. Remove Advertisements

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    New West
    These are controlled laps following an experienced racer. There are no "fast laps" for anyone. It's a controlled, safe pace. The crowd is all types. We've had cruisers, little cbr 125s (those struggle at the pace), and every type of sportbike and naked imaginable.

It's single file, so no close proximity. We could even arrange to take her out in her own group if she was too intimidated. You would just have to let the ToR person know that. Laptimes are around the 1:45 to 1:50 mark, so nice and easy.
    WMRC #42
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Taste of Racing is open for everyone, all types of bikes and skill levels. it's parade laps led by a racer, at a very friendly relaxed pace. it's good fun for a first taste of the track.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

I think it would be a perfect track introduction to a newer rider, because they get a great opportunity to see the benefits of practice on a closed course.

And the best part...seeing the track from the bike! The bumps and camber changes aren't always visible from the stands. So even if they don't move on to trying a track day, they get a new appreciation for the afternoon races.

Besides, as a rider what looks better?

or this:
    Last edited by Frosty; 04-02-2014 at 08:43 AM.

From N00bie to Wannabe Array FASTn50's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    1:45?!? That's my race pace, Dean!!!
    All my Mistresses have two round, sticky black feet and are Made in Japan or Germany!
    If I die on Phillip Island, so what! I'm already in Heaven! WOOHOOO!!!

Registered User Array
    I did the taste of racing at the Ridge last year, I got to 'take off' with one of the fast guys out front. I think by the 3rd lap we caught the really slow ones. It's everything you mentioned and every genre of bike was out there. Baggers, ADV, Sumo, Nakeds, RaceReps, Noobie bikes, all of em.

CRF150R - Road Racer.
    I even took my little DRZ125 (that I raced at GMR) to taste of racing. It was also my first introduction to Mission. Great way to get out there on a track in a controlled environment. I would highly recommend it to anyone but as Dean said there are no "hot laps" normally so if you are expecting to rip around as fast as your can you might be disappointed. It's a real cheap nice way to get a sense of what it is like to be on a track. Great idea!

Turn 5 at taste of racing.

PROUDLY sponsored by EMS - Thank you so much for your continued support!
    Pacific Coast Mini Racing Club - http://www.miniracingbc.com
    Come race with us, FREE demo's yes FREE!