Nexus crossing at Aldergrove
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nexus crossing at Aldergrove

Bike
    ummm

Nexus crossing at Aldergrove

Great news today that they are putting in extended Nexus line and regular lines at Aldergrove. This is great news to gain access to the great roads south and east of Aldergrove and Abbotsford. The Nexus line at Abbotsford has been a bit of a joke IMO, virtually inaccessible unless the main lineups are less than 15 minutes long. I tried to cross at the Nexus there last week, only to see the alleyway you can use to sneak past illegally by the brokerage place blocked by a pole gate. Even if you could get by this, you've got to run the risk of Abbotsford police hiding in wait in the customs inspection area to get you as you ride over the northbound road out of Canada customs.

Bike
    The Abbotsford nexus lane is being extended to Vye road.
    Part of many projects near the border.
    Vye road train track overpass, level track crossing by Costco and Nexus extension
    Completion date is 2015/16

Knowing that, the Nexus lane in Aldergrove should be ready by 2018/19
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Bike
    ummm
    More great news!!

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Yup, there putting a new building there at the aldergrove crossing should be a lot better. It's out for tender now I've seen the drawings but I'm not sure on the exact start date.

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Knowing that, the Nexus lane in Aldergrove should be ready by 2018/19
    lol by then it'll probably defeats it's purpose. i already quite often see nexus line longer than the regular crossings. the funniest part is the ppl that rather wait in nexus than go directly to the general with no wait.
    don't click here

Fookin Prawn Array
    What's the procedure you guys use in the Nexus lane while on a bike? First time using it on a bike last weekend. One dude in front of me rolled up to the window then took his helmet off and gave him his Nexus card, and another dude (LCPete) had his helmet off while he did some one handed magic and waived his card at the scanner.

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    In both WA. and BC it is illegal to ride without a helmet, therefore I feel it best to take it off 'at' the kiosk and not before, you never know who may be over zealous with a ticket book...

For regular or NEXUS IMO.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyF View Post
    What's the procedure you guys use in the Nexus lane while on a bike? First time using it on a bike last weekend. One dude in front of me rolled up to the window then took his helmet off and gave him his Nexus card, and another dude (LCPete) had his helmet off while he did some one handed magic and waived his card at the scanner.
    They often [almost always] want visual confirmation that you are who you are. Bearing in mind that when you swipe your Nexus card, the booth guard has a full portrait of you instantly, and every detail of you.

I know a couple guys who cross quite often, who have bought modular helmets to easily offer visual I.D. of your face.

Bike
    I take my helmet off when I'm next in line,
    I pull forward out of the booth to put my helmet back on.

I jam my nexus card between my windscreen and fairing.

Self-proclaimed VIP Array digirat's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 ZX1000G
    I undo my helmet when I'm next in line, but don't take it off until I stop beside the border guard. And I pull forward about 5 feet to put it back on.
    Also, you don't need to physically hand them your nexus card unless they specifically ask for it... I always pull mine out of my wallet when getting close and then just keep it handy in my pocket but don't offer it to them. I always assume they don't wanna see it

'Busa girls, God love 'em Array Argyle's Avatar
    Bike
    06 'Busa
    Have rolled my bike up to where traffic stops in the lineup, take helmet off and roll forward. Ten years never had an issue in either lineup. I start up and ride helmetless out of the way and gear up. I dont want to hold people up. Never an issue, I think it should be put on myth busters though as a lot of people are paranoid here!!

Yes, understood its against the law, so is speeding...

Insert User Title Here. Array TripleTime's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes.
    In my flip face helmet, I usually motion to the guard whether they want me to take it off as I'm approaching. Take my queue from that.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    i got yelled at for taking my helmet off once. now I only do what im told.
    only get asked to remove approx. 10% of the time.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    Have rolled my bike up to where traffic stops in the lineup, take helmet off and roll forward. Ten years never had an issue in either lineup. I start up and ride helmetless out of the way and gear up. I dont want to hold people up. Never an issue, I think it should be put on myth busters though as a lot of people are paranoid here!!

Yes, understood its against the law, so is speeding...

Somebody posted here that he got a no helmet ticket in the Aldergrove border lineup.
    That was last year or the year before.

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    i never take the helmet off but always ask if they want me to remove it. one time the guard replied 'no, i can see the beautiful eyes' lol then we talked bikes haha
    don't click here