More fuel station nonesence. "Please take your helmet off"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More fuel station nonesence. "Please take your helmet off"

Registered User Array
    Bike

More fuel station nonesence. "Please take your helmet off"

I was gonna post this in the Shell thread, can't seem to find it.

Bored Sunday, Baron Von Grumble popped in my youtube feed, with this little rant.

Makes sence, he's not wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ummm
    Helmet on, sitting on bike. Classic gas n dash. Pay at the pump, you keep helmet on.

Fixxa of 2-wheeled beasts Array
    Bike
    hondayamasuzkasaki
    I find it very disrespectful to keep a fullface/non modular helmet on your head indoors in a store especially when one is browsing around. It just puts everyone on edge.

That being said, fuel station policy should let anyone, helmet or non helmet buy gas at the pump without going inside, in which case wearing a helmet is irrelevant.

Resident Contrarian Array PoCoRider's Avatar
    Bike
    09 ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Helmet on, sitting on bike. Classic gas n dash. Pay at the pump, you keep helmet on.
    It's very standard practice in London to fill with the helmet on while sitting on the bike.

Bike
    2001 zx-12r 2009 drz400sm 2003 Ktm 525sx 2007 yzf-r1
    I went into crappy tire today to get a can of chain lube and 2 people gave me shit for wearing my backpack and referred to some sign out front I didn't see.
    Next time I will take the pack off and leave the helmet on and see if that works better because the sign makes no mention of helmets.

After that I went to 7/11 to buy some smokes.
    Because I was wearing my helmet in the store I got ID'd WTF?
    Shit is just getting stupid or are people just stupid?
    On an unrelated note have you ever gone into a Starbucks that had a fireplace and seen the sign that says "caution fire hot!"
    What are we doing in this hand basket and where are we going?
    Infidels Rule!

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    I can understand the whole helmet off thing when going into a retail establishment as recent theft increase means
    they've got nothing but a blurry camera image to go by when it does occur... ditto on 7-11 with laws tightening
    around tobacco purchase.

having said that, i always fill up while on the bike with my helmet on.... they can bite me if they dont like it n' will
    generally ride across the street to do so out of spite if refused or receiving a warning... stick it to the man, 'nough said

the whole thing becomes totally dumb when you're using pay at the pump... there! you got my money, up to 100 bucks of it
    (i never choose that, always 30 bucks max) and yet they still fully believe I could be trying to steal gas!??? lmao... idiots
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-20-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    I can understand the whole helmet off thing when going into a retail establishment as recent theft increase means
    they've got nothing but a blurry camera image to go by when it does occur... ditto on 7-11 with laws tightening
    around tobacco purchase.

having said that, i always fill up while on the bike with my helmet on.... they can bite me if they dont like it n' will
    generally ride across the street to do so out of spite if refused or receiving a warning... stick it to the man, 'nough said

the whole thing becomes totally dumb when you're using pay at the pump... there! you got my money, up to 100 bucks of it
    (i never choose that, always 30 bucks max) and yet they still fully believe I could be trying to steal gas!??? lmao... idiots
    You probably don't know this either then. At a select fuel stations, after 12am to about 7am.....pay at the pump is disabled and you have to leave your credit card with the attendant through the little sliding drawer (can't go inside either, doors locked). You tell em you want 20-30 bucks, they hold the card until you finish, you come back and get the card.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by XdtesZombie View Post
    I went into crappy tire today to get a can of chain lube and 2 people gave me shit for wearing my backpack and referred to some sign out front I didn't see.
    Next time I will take the pack off and leave the helmet on and see if that works better because the sign makes no mention of helmets.

After that I went to 7/11 to buy some smokes.
    Because I was wearing my helmet in the store I got ID'd WTF?
    Shit is just getting stupid or are people just stupid?
    On an unrelated note have you ever gone into a Starbucks that had a fireplace and seen the sign that says "caution fire hot!"
    What are we doing in this hand basket and where are we going?
    I'm surprised Walmart doesn't require their customers to wear a safety helmet to shop there.

Bike
    RSV4
    He makes a great point...glad to see im not the only one with road rage

Moto Compulsive Array exc911ence's Avatar
    Bike
    Hayabusa, GSXR750, Bonnie T100
    Sorry, can't remove my helmet for religious reasons.

1994 Suzuki GSX-R750
    2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2013 Triumph Bonneville T-100 w/sidecar

Dave

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by rk604 View Post
    He makes a great point...glad to see im not the only one with road rage

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Not a fucking hope in hell I'm letting my card out of my sight with some gas pump attendant. That is how cards get skimmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    You probably don't know this either then. At a select fuel stations, after 12am to about 7am.....pay at the pump is disabled and you have to leave your credit card with the attendant through the little sliding drawer (can't go inside either, doors locked). You tell em you want 20-30 bucks, they hold the card until you finish, you come back and get the card.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    i dont ride between midnight and 7am.. problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Locksmith View Post
    Not a fucking hope in hell I'm letting my card out of my sight with some gas pump attendant. That is how cards get skimmed.
    agreed,

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyF View Post
    I'm surprised Walmart doesn't require their customers to wear a safety helmet to shop there.
    not enough to go around, hey you gotta take care of your managers...
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-20-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Locksmith View Post
    What is this 1990? I log into my bank every single day to look for weird charges. Anything purchased fraudulently is 100% covered anyway, so who gives a fuck if they skim your card?

Registered User Array dexter302's Avatar
    Bike
    its fast....
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyF View Post
    What is this 1990? I log into my bank every single day to look for weird charges. Anything purchased fraudulently is 100% covered anyway, so who gives a fuck if they skim your card?
    For some people, The hassle of dealing with that kinda crap is enough reason to not be vulnerable to card skimming.