Thread: vibration

i have this vibration on my 2001 cbrf4i at about 5000rpm in almost every gear, it sounds like vibrating from the manifold but i am not sure, any ideas or have heard of this before.

2. Remove Advertisements

just having fun Array
    not red
    "CCT here we go again"
    don't click here

Richmond now... not BBY
    600RR Yeeeellllooow
    My '02 and my gal's '02 F4i had the same thing. The rattling sound came around 4-5k rpm and ended around 6k or so. Mine actually was gone when I installed my Yoshi RS-1 slip-on. But maybe the pipe just drowned the sound...

As for my gf, she brought her bike back to the shop and they said that it's usual. They said it's a common sound ... and even if they do fix it, it'll probably still be there... and it is...

Also, it happens on my 600RR too... but it's more like a flap in the manifold sound. At about 5k RPM, it rattles a bit sometimes...

Go check it out at the shop if you're really worried about it. I haven't had any problems with it other than making a noise ever so often~
    We rode our bikes together, we laughed together, we cryed together, we even lived together. All our friends said we were a the perfect match. I can tell the world that I know I'm the luckiest person alive because I got to live my dream for 3 years 7 months and 11 days.

thanks for the reply, i think i am gonna take the plastic off and make sure there is no loose bolts and stuff

sounds like typical cam chain noise. Alot of F4i bikes suffer from this. Even Honda admits to it as normal and unless it becomes bad warranty will rarely touch it.