Private insurance vs ICBC
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Private insurance vs ICBC

Registered User Array cdizzle_996's Avatar
    Bike
    06 600RR

Private insurance vs ICBC

Does anyone have theft threw icbc on their bike? Are you able to add theft only? What does it cost you?

I'm a new rider, and only have basic on my bike (600RR) Particularly I'm looking to add theft, I know private is best. I've taken a motorcycle course (V-twin)

I've done some quick browsing of sites online. I've tried Coast Capital, but they dont insure with out 10 years of driving experience, I have 9; and I haven't had a motorcycle license for 3 years. Another option is Megson Fitzpatrick, I lost my license while I had my N 7 years ago because I had 2 traffic violations, there for that wont work.

I've filled out the beacon online application, and I guess thats my last shot, but is it a long shot because I lost my license years ago? I have 1 speeding ticket in the last 7 years, and it was 4 years ago..

I really dont even car about collision, i'm just more worried about theft.

Anyone wanna shed some light, and their opionion or if they had a similar situation.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Fookin Prawn Array
    Not this shit again.

Bike
    06 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyF View Post
    Not this shit again.
    Lol, I searched and found a ton of mis leading information.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Okay I'm going to explain this yet again. Asking people what they pay for insurance is fucking retarded. Why? Because there are many, many factors that determine the cost of insurance, including type of vehicle, driving history, length of insurance, amount of insurance. Hundreds of damn factors. If one dude is paying $1000 and another is paying $2000, it doesn't mean dude #2 is being over charged. Get quotes based on your mother-fucking situation. The end.

Bike
    06 600RR
    Instead of being a complete dick, read my post. I didn't start a "post the cost of your insurance thread"

I asked with a driving history including tickets years ago ect, were you able to get private insurance.

But again thanks frosty, douche bags like you are the ones who keep new members from posting.

Thanks for your useless .2c

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
    I didn't start a "post the cost of your insurance thread"
    "Does anyone have theft threw icbc on their bike? Are you able to add theft only? What does it cost you?"

Bike
    06 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyF View Post
    "Does anyone have theft threw icbc on their bike? Are you able to add theft only? What does it cost you?"
    Exactly what I though you might do, didn't expect anything less.

Much appreciated

Bike
    2003 R6
    CD, what our outspoken Frosty means is this topic has been covered in depth repeatedly. He has a very short attention span and we like to set up tables for him to flip.

Sounds like you're on track. Beacon seems most popular for most riders on here. Your best option is to go talk to an insurance broker, even ICBC, and discuss your options. Lots of them are open late and on weekends. Insurance is based on you, and other guys on here telling you what they pay can mislead you as your circumstances are different. Shortest distance between two points, right?

Fookin Prawn Array
    Wait, you mean you can't punch in theft insurance cost on the BCSB search feature and get an instant quote? WHO RUNS THIS PLACE?

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    I insure for theft though Beacon. I'm insured for $8,000 for $350 per year. Pay up front once per year. I don't like to have my bike unisured when in storage. To me it's worth it.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    I insure for theft though Beacon. I'm insured for $8,000 for $350 per year. Pay up front once per year. I don't like to have my bike unisured when in storage. To me it's worth it.
    But you've only had a driver's license for 9 years and riding for 3 with a speeding ticket 4 years ago and lost your license while you had an N right?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2015 R1M
    Beacon is very good I have them icbc wanted way too much so I got beacon it will vary bike to bike but I pay about 650 a year for mine and I insured my bike for 12k I think. They cover your gear and helmet for a higher amount then icbc will and they cover add-ons on ur bike. I went through my insurance agent for it. I think they only care about the last 3 years on ur driving record. If you get it you have to buy a whole year and it isnt refundable so it basically is comprehensive while your riding and then acts as storage insurance durring winter. You have to still buy basic coverage from icbc.

Bike
    2003 R6
    *sets up more tables for Frosty to flip*

Bike
    CBR600F4
    Any private ins for 2 year experience on a 350 dual sport with PRS, WCSS and "club" membership?

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChick View Post
    *sets up more tables for Frosty to flip*
    That made me chuckle thanks. Hehehe

3 million collision + beacon is the recipe in BC.

If you can't get beacon, then your option will be monthly installments for the summer, then storage insurance with iCBc.

Btw.. Frosty is right that no one pays the same insurance.

I got 2 gixxers under my name an 09 + 10, and I pay more for the 09. Go figure. ICBC just makes up insurance rates.
    Last edited by vancitymike; 05-23-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: " no one pays the same "