are all batteries the same?

Thread: are all batteries the same?

stuck in my own world
    mv agusta (ya right)

are all batteries the same?

I'm in need of a battery, just wondering if any new battery will do or should I opt for a more expensive factory battery. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

The Wet Coast
    1966 CCM
    no, not all batteries are the should be alright if you get a battery that's the right one for your bike....newer bikes can have some pretty high demands on a battery and for that reason, some of them are gel and other newer technologies....I've had good luck with Yuasa, wich may or may not make your factory battery anyways
    I’m not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors don’t believe I invented the chocolate éclair. But I did. I’m going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and I’ll kill you last!

Thumbs down

Just avoid Canadian Tire's battery products at all costs.

Yuasa do make a good product!

2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    What Oscar says! When you're at the bike shop, ask to see the scrap pile, and you'll see it's full of crappy tire batteries. Love them for the car, but not the bike!
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)
    DO IT!

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    click, click
    You will want a sealed cell maintenence free batt rather than a conventional battery. These are reasonably priced.

Check here:

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    I've bought all my car and motorcycle batteries for the past 10 years or so from Edmonds batteries (on Edmonds in Burnaby between Kingsway and Canada Way). For the most part they are very knowledgable about cranking amps and the other important bits and sell Yuasa at a better than competitive price compared to anywhere else I've checked.

I used to shop around but after so many checks I just go straight to them as they always had the better or at least equal deal to anywhere else.

For motorcycle batteries you need to phone a day in advance so they can charge them up. They don't keep them on tap since they don't sell quite as many as for cars/trucks.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.