Helmets usually cheaper in Asia?

Thread: Helmets usually cheaper in Asia?

Helmets usually cheaper in Asia?

Just wondering if it's worth having someone send back a helmet from Asia. I'd pretty much give them the brand, size and model number and it should be exactly the same as here right? Any input would be great thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

i don't think any of them are DOT approved.
    which means, you get into an accident, and an ICBC investigator looks at your helmet, you could be screwed.

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    I would'nt chance it either. I have seen some pretty cheaply made things come out of there. Not so much m/c stuff. You just never know. Your probably better off getting something from a reputable dealer and someone you know , than try and save a few dollars or originality from the place it comes from, and not knowing what you could end up with. IMHO.

ignorance + apathy Array BikeInBlack's Avatar
    the valley
    outside Starbuck
    In HK, you can find quite some brands\models that have DOT and Snell. Usually its around 40 - 50% cheaper than the list price here.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." ... Albert Einstein

03 R1 street, 03 RR track
    Arai Rx7-RR3:
    CAD lowest price: $899 CAD(retail)
    HKG lowest price: $520 CAD(retail)

based on last summer's pricing.

But I still got mine here.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but what I meant was the price comparison between well known brands like Arai/Shoei. So you guys think there's a difference between buying the same brand from Asia and here eh?

i got 2 Arai Helmet from HK last yr.

1. 2002 Doohan SNC Replica. ~CAD $600 Snell2000
    2. 2002 Haga RX7rr3 Replica. ~CAD $550 Snell2000
    Both are Dot approval.

And the Arai Smoke lens ar CAD $50 only...

i won't buy a helmet here, coz it's just too expensive here.
    Same helment, i can almost save 50%. So give me a reason why i should buy it here....

May be one reason.... i need to wait about a week for the shipping......

And i'm planning buying 2 more Arai this yr.....
    Last edited by mk003; 06-01-2003 at 07:56 PM.

Taipei, Taiwan
    Nothing Right Now
    Are you sure that the Arai helmets from Asia are DOT approved? Friend got his Arai Astral helmet from HK and it's only got SNELL 2000, no DOT. I am currently looking at the Blue/Yellow Shoei X-11 Daijaro Replica (this color is only available in Asia) friend told me it's about $700CDN, but it's only SNELL 2000 no DOT. Almost the same price if I order one from the US. Safety wise, SNELL 2000 > DOT so if I do get it, I am not too concerned about it ... Conclusion? ICBC = GHEY!!!
    You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles!