Accelerator Problem

Thread: Accelerator Problem

Question Accelerator Problem

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had their accelerator spring fail. My accelerator suddenly lacked any tension on the way to Whistler last week. I can ride fine, but its annoying and could be an issue under hard acceleration and high-revving shifting. It does not spring back as usual.

Does anyone know if its easy to fix? is it just a spring on the cable, or something in the handle itself?

Thanks in advance,

2. Remove Advertisements

Not Hanging Out Here Array Sailor's Avatar
    1978 Twinstar 185
    It's usually the spring on the lever on the carbs. There may be a spring in the grip I'm not sure.
    I ride purely, and only, because it is fun.

I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me.

**author unknown**

The Wet Coast
    1966 CCM
    you'll find that your bike has a spring onthe crbs to return them to idle it's likely that it iether broke or came undone may also be that one of your cables is frayed hanging the throttle open
    I’m not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors don’t believe I invented the chocolate éclair. But I did. I’m going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and I’ll kill you last!