Would you buy a non stock painted bike?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a non stock painted bike?

Whach u talkn bout Willis Array smokedvw's Avatar
    Bike
    its got 2 wheels

Would you buy a non stock painted bike?

I am just currious because I found a bike which is not stock colors.
    Its a R6 all white with a little silver.
    The first owner went to go put some gas in it and droped the bike, he ended up repainting it and then selling it but he got all white and i dont belive a 00 has all white.

The thing im worried about is when you go to sell the bike and its not stock colors I think you will have a hard time selling it because everyone knows its had an accident or bad drop.

Anyways please let me know what you think. I think the all white is kinda cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array 2wheelbandit's Avatar
    Bike
    Gix track hoe and Gix street bike
    Yes i would. Id be more cautious but id still buy a repainted bike.
    Ride, eat, sleep, repeat....

R.ide I.n P.eace John & Dawson

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Sure why not? It's just plastic and some people paint their cars/bikes not because they need to, sometimes they just want to.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    It's an instant tip off for a tip-over. Try to sell a non-stock painted bike and you'll see the flinty gazes you have to face.

So you, Dub, get to inherit the seller's customer perception problem and, pay for it too. What a deal!

Save up until you can afford something that isn't dogshit.

Crotch

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    Do a mechanical/chassis inspection and if everything is fine, keep the papers to prove it to someone in the future when you sell it.
    I would not have a problem purchasing a repainted bike.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 TLR
    NO i wouldnt

what happens if you drop it. Repaint is more expensive than stock panels. Maybe the first owner was a little misleading and he droppeded it going 80km/h in a wheelie.

Do and ICBC claim search on the registration number

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Bike
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    What are your own opinions smoke?

you always ask us of ours, but how would you feel if you went to the bike for yourself? Does the fact that it's repainted turn you off? i'm guessin so

Iceman's got a reaaaaaaaaally good point, in that there very well could be more damage then just what results from a stationary tip over.

If you are weary bout the bike, then it's a good indication that anyone else would be.
    RICHES BEFORE BITCHES

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    does it work?
    does it run?
    does it wheelie? :P

Ooooooooooooo but it doesn't come in purdy cookie-cutter colors, you won't fit in!!
    yeah, that must suck.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Who cares? You'll get a unique bike that people will recognise as yours. You might even have less of a chance of someone trying to steal your bike for your bodywork. Even the most minor tip-overs can ruin your stock fairings and it IS cheaper to repaint than to buy the stock fairings again (at least it was in my case one panel cost one and a half times the whole paint job) I bought a 'no accident' bike with the stock plastic and found out it's had a bad crash after I took the fairings off for service. Nothing beats getting an inspection from a reputable shop for making sure that the bike is in good shape. You might even get a price break for the non-stock colors.

Bike
    if the bike ran great and had no mechanical or chassis problems, i dont see why not.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    Notta
    If you're serious about buying, take off a couple panels and inspect them for major body work on the back side. I didn't spray the back sides of my panels so that a potential buyer could see that the scratches incurred when I layed down my bike were just superficial. I also took pictures of the scratches before hand to show if needed.

I'm glad to see that people are supporting buying non-stock colored bikes, because it was a large concern for me when I decided to paint.
    "It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long" - THE NOTORIOUS CHERRY BOMBS

Bike
    yellow plastic ducky
    When I get my bike I'm going to paint it another color..... I want to stand out from other bikes...something different. Some people paint it because they drop it. Some people paint it because they don't want their bike to look like others......it's up to you to find out.
    - '05 CBR 600RR

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    i sure would, its not as if i am not leaving the paint on the ground somewhere neway. =)
    no

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array appollo's Avatar
    Bike
    '04 GSXR1000, 09 WR250X supermoto, 08 WR250F, '81 GS1100E/sidecar, 74 CB750K cafe, 73 CB500 stock, '81 CB900F stock, 78 GS750 stock, 81 XJ750 Brat Style
    I've painted every bike that I've owned. Customizing is cool! Just get the bike inspected.
    new address for Bikeintercom.ca 8559 Government St, BBY 604-801-6984

Whach u talkn bout Willis Array smokedvw's Avatar
    Bike
    its got 2 wheels
    Yeah may main concern was for resale as I painted my car and some ppl would ask WELL WHY IS IT PAINTED, in that case I just painted it because I wanted a custom color. I think the bike looks nice but I think an inspection would be a good thing to do.
    Thanks everyone