Who wants to get paid to install my undertail slip on?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to get paid to install my undertail slip on?

Registered User Array chavez r6's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha r6 2001

Who wants to get paid to install my undertail slip on?

First of all, "NO", I'm not trying to sell anything here (lol).

OK my undertail slip on exhaust is here for my 2005 CBR600 RR. I have the tools and the exhaust is new. My buddy had a 636 and we got the exhaust on in 20min. This cbr is a bit more work and most motorcycle shops are booked till end of next week. If you know ur stuff and know this bike or installed your own undertail Come over and help me out for $100.00
    2 shops told me its a 1.5hr job, I got the tools, a double garage and beer once we get half way done (lol). I could try it on my own, but I don't wanna mess with side heat shield. I'm home with my kids all day, so anytime works, located near 60th and 128th surrey. email me at thenijjars@telus.net or send me a pm
    again, not selling anything here lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    What exhaust and do you have a fender eliminator being done at same time?
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Registered User Array chavez r6's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha r6 2001
    Exhaust is made by Micron and I don't have a fender eliminator kit. But once the exhaust is done I can do that part.

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00K766...5552101&sr=8-1

20$ free shipping... but it takes a month to get it.

I'd come and help... but i'm sooo busy @ work.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    I'm not familiar with the micron, just the yoshimura. I'd have to look at it, but $100 isn't worth it to me sorry.

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    I don't think it should be too difficult if you gave it a shot yourself. From what I remember, yeah you'll have to remove the rear fairings and undo brackets but it should be pretty straight forward. Good luck, $100 for that job is generous.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by CanaganD View Post
    I don't think it should be too difficult if you gave it a shot yourself. From what I remember, yeah you'll have to remove the rear fairings and undo brackets but it should be pretty straight forward. Good luck, $100 for that job is generous.
    No amount of money is enough if the shit comes off, and the new shit don't go on. Seen that happen more than enough. Now you are at some strangers house and you
    have wasted an hour of your time, the bikes half apart, won't go back together and then what. Take the $100 and bolt?

It may be a quick $100. It may be a fucking gongshow of bolts that wont undo or break. You never, ever know.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    I'll do it for the $100.0 and beer. All I need is a blowtorch, a sawzall and a big fucking hammer. Plus the money and the case of beer up front, I also will not start working until half the case has been put in my belly and or spilled on my shirt. I guarantee quality work, it will look and sound like no other.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Bike
    2009 buell xb12Ss
    i would as i am at 140-79 so close but alas i have started /.... well actually i am 4 glasses into the brandy so no can do till monday night
    The cost of living has now gotten so bad that my wife is having sex with me because she can't afford batteries!

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    All I need is a blowtorch, a sawzall and a big fucking hammer.
    Excellent !! A good work ethic and you already are confident in your ability in mastering the three basic mechanical skills : Fire , Cutting, and Pounding.

How much more if you stay and detail his bike after the install?
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Registered User Array chris0055's Avatar
    Bike
    08 Yamaha R6 Canadian Edition
    I put a slip-on on my 04 600rr. It took me 3 hours as I wasn't mechanically incline at all.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    wish i could buddy, got headers to install on the R1, thats gonna be a bitch... probably do an oil change while i'm in there LOL

Micron makes great stuff, Canadian company.. enjoy the new pipe...

Quote Originally Posted by chris0055 View Post
    I put a slip-on on my 04 600rr. It took me 3 hours as I wasn't mechanically incline at all.
    the R1 has dual undertails, took a couple hours to do right... and a shitload of adjusting to get 'em both even... LOL
    Last edited by bacchus40; 07-17-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2007 GSX-R750
    Just give it a try man, that's how you learn. You can't really f*ck anything up, its an exhaust. There's plenty of online resources, including videos to help you out. All of us started with little to no knowledge at some point, how do you think we learned? I did my first engine swap (600 to a 750) on a K7 gixxer a few years back...and I never thought I'd be able to do that on my own, but manuals are your friend. Like I said, give it a try!
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Oh never say "you can't really f*uck anything up".. because people can make a complete mess of thesimplest of mechanical things. Between rounding off or busting screws/bolts or forcing something and breaking it because they don't consider how it's really supposed to go... trust me, this can be too difficult for lots of people.
    Last edited by bandito; 07-21-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Bike
    2007 GSX-R750
    ^^^ Fair enough. But I think we've all had those "oh f*ck" moments when you strip a bolt, or break something during removal / re-install. That said, I guess some people really shouldn't be turning wrenches. I guess I take basic mechanical ability & being handy as part of being a man.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line