Cam Corders ?

Thread: Cam Corders ?

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Bike
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)

Cam Corders ?

HEy guys.

I'm looking to purchase a cam corder.

there's billions of models out there and i'm lookin to get the best bang for my buck. (is there any other way? )

I know the all familiar term of "you get what you pay for", but there's a lot of things out there that you pay for and you don't need. options etc.

I'm lookin to spend about 6 hunish in around that area. more if i have to, but hopefully not.

Here's some questions i'd like to ask.

= what is the most important thing i should be lookin for in a cam corder?

=..hmmm that pretty much goes for all the questions! haha

oh, and if there's anyone out there with a right spanky cam corder for sale, let me know. thankz
    RICHES BEFORE BITCHES

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Bike
    g|xx3r
    The major difference you're looking at is the media the camcoder uses and the optics.

You probably don't care about optics (unless you're doing some high end stuff).

Media is directly correlated with size.. If you want something really cheap buy the old Hi8/Digital8 (I think?) standard. The units are rather large. The quality is fine afaik. I think they go for under 600 bucks right now.

Nex there's MiniDV (smaller tapes) which is nice and digital but is already closer to a grand. They are much smaller.

Then there's MicroMV, which is TINY. About the size of large digital cameras. But they are pricey.

Bottom line: if you're ok with a big camcoder get a Digital8. Cheap good quality. The features across them all are pretty much the same..

Go to futureshop or London Drugs and look at some models and figure out what the requirements are.

Read some reviews on http://www.epinions.com too.

Gluck.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    The only feature that I would really try to get is digital. You definitely have a computer. I have an older canon zr. It does a pretty good job with the video and takes stills as well and I can download everything with it. The stills aren't as sharp as a newer DV camera or a plain digicam but it still does the job just fine. For around 600 bones the options are fairly narrow but you can still get something nice if you shop around.

Bike
    none, till the boys are older
    Just don't ask what the cams for...
    "...than I'll be done and we can dance.."