Watch out for falling trucks

Thread: Watch out for falling trucks

Registered User Array
    Vancouver West SIde
    2009 Ninja 250

Watch out for falling trucks

One more hazard to watch out for, albeit a very rare one ...

2. Remove Advertisements

the Post-American World
    VFR750F, VTR250
    I would just like to point out, that was the worst news video ever.
    "The problem is, the natural balanced position for a motorcycle is on it's side."

Yeah I avoid perimeter road. Every day trucks roll over on that stretch of road.

Registered User Array dexter302's Avatar
    its fast....
    i work near the 80th street exit, That turn is the worst. the road bank downward (when traveling from putello area to the ferries) and to the right, at every point in the left turn, the truck is leaning towards the outside.
    There should not have been an intersection there. It should have been an overpass and on/off ramps just like the one at tannery.
    The intersection at tannery works fine for flow.

2014 Ninja 300
    Damn it dexter, take your logic out of here. It has no place on the internet!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post

Meet at a local urinal and have this out with a good ole fashion sword fight.

Maple Ridge
    2007 GSX-R750
    Agreed, its a poor design...that said, knowing that a high risk of rollover exists, truckers need to SLOW DOWN!
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Gixxer k9
    I passed by there with a top heavy loaded truck.. yeah it's really bad. They posted a warning sign to do 30km/hr, I still think it's too fast. It's freaky.

That corner sneaks up on you if you're not aware of the way it dips. Because you're driving on smooth road, you can easily missjudge the pitch. Also, when turning in a truck, you're looking at your mirrors to see if your back tires are in line. And by the time you look ahead of you it's too late if you're going too fast.

And like I said 30 km/hr is still too fast for that turn. That's how bad that turn is.