Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Only other sportbikes

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Depends on... (Describe)

Votes: 5 5.3%

The Wave

3K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  overdraft 
#1 ·
What's your style? Or do you have another system...

#2 ·
i usually don't wave to scooters or cruisers because i'm pretty sure most of the time they wont wave back

i've had some cruisers wave back at me, but they are usually the older riders (40 years old and up)

scooters probably have no idea we're waving at them

I've found that the touring harleys and cruisers are much more friendly than the loud obnoxious thwap thwap ones.

if i don't wave to you then i might've missed you, sorry!

G
#4 ·
Ill wave to anyone riding a bike if they dont wave back I finger them :flip. And it ussually just the Greeeezy guys on the thwap thwap POS *** couches that never wave back. They are way to cool to wave at anybody else that aint on the same POS that they are. Besides if they did wave the Greeezy thing riding bitchpad would probably fall off.

#6 ·
Wave to all bikes. Don't care if they wave back. Sometimes I don't even look at (focus on) them to see if they wave back... corners up ahead have my attention.

I nod to scooters. they're not wave-worthy. I tried waving but 90% of the time I get blank stares.
'Get your Class 6 and a real bike, buddy! Then you'll GET IT!'

#7 ·
Kamui said:
i usually don't wave to scooters or cruisers because i'm pretty sure most of the time they wont wave back
I remember seeing a new scooter rider on my daily commute,
during the transit strike when everyone started buying them.

I waved, she wobbled by with her deathgrip on the bars.

A week later, I kept on waving, sort of got a nod but no hands
off the bars.

After another week she'd hesitantly take one hand off the
bars and then put it back real fast.

By the end of the summer she'd drop her hand in a louche
v for victory while hanging a knee waaaay off on a corner.

It was sort of kewl to see. I bet she's moved on to a bike by
now.....

#10 ·
i wave to everyone.

99 percent of harley types wave to me.

if i see a sport/type bike i'll initiate the wave.
if it's a cruiser i wait...more often then not, they're happy to wave. :)

#12 ·
I never wave at scooters, but it's not because I'm a snob, they just probably wouldn't know why. :confused

The pole has a minor flaw:
Cruisers and Harleys are different.

I will usually wave at cruiser riders, but for all out Harley dudes, I'll just look in their direction, and sometimes give a nod. I'm sure those beasts need two hands to control them, and I wouldn't want to cause a crash. :D

#14 ·
everyone but the scooters

rearwheelrider said:
i wave to everyone.

99 percent of harley types wave to me.

if i see a sport/type bike i'll initiate the wave.
if it's a cruiser i wait...more often then not, they're happy to wave. :)
me too.. i wave to everyone (except the scooters - tried it but they seem a little clueless about the wave thing)

if it's not a sportbike i look for their wave first.. i find it's a 50/50 chance..

G
#19 ·
I'll wave to anything and everything EXCEPT...

those friggn loud cruisers with a rider wearing no shirt and a beanie helmet with a fake pony tail comin out the back. I simply cannot stand the noise those things make. SOOOO LAME!

#21 ·
I'll wave to most people. Sometimes I'll wave to scooters if I'm in a good mood but I don't think I've ever gotten a wave back from them.

I keep waving to this guy riding a grey ZX7 with no front fairings but he never waves back. I've seen him about 3 or 4 times on Kingsway and I always wave to him even though he doesn't wave.

#22 ·
I wave to everyone on a bike....if it's a cruiser I give em a low key drop the hand thing, if it's a sportbike I give em an open hand how are you enjoying the ride wave........

I also wave to pple in a hotrod, they all wave back ....they know what"s what.

I wave at little kids...they love it....sometimes I rev the motor...sometimes their mom hates it....sometimes not :thumbup

I also wave at Q tips in Cadillacs in the fast lane...but that's a different wave all together :rolleyes

G
#23 ·
I try to wave to sportbikes only... and if I'm clutching, I nod my head. I usually wait until they wave at me first tho... I'm still shy in that way. I always give the nod to sportbikes no matter what tho as a ... respect thingymagigy motive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.