So I've booked a week after memorial day to ride to Northern California. I have the reports, an idea of I want to see but can't reach.
The route comes mostly from DH california, ride reports and this site seems to be fairly comprehensive for roads someone found interesting, they're not ranked though.
- Siuslaw lava rocks (been there)
- Coo's bay sand dunes (rent performance model, anywhere specific to go?)
- Grant's pass (I dont know anything about it, better than coast?)
- Redwood National Park
- DH 7 or so is near Klamath and a target for the ride in
- Booked a ride-in at russel seats, friend wants day-trip around redding possibly
- Hwy 36, twisty next 140 miles
- Coast north of Fort Bragg is supposedly magic
- Not sure if routing to San Fransisco vs cutting north to reach Yosemite park is possible
- Glacier pass is a must, not sure of the best route through the park
- Sanora pass
- DH1 is near the nevada border, riding into Nevada to say the ST has been there
- Lots of crossing roads north of Yosemite, targeting the highest DH
- Lassen lava park on way out
- Slab way home
- New PR4 should have under 2k at the beginning
- <2k on oil, oil's good for 10k+
- pads, coolant, brakes, clutch, final drive checked
Travelling with wee-strom. Unsure if any service should be done during trip beside chain maintenance.
Your input is appreciated.