UK motorcyclist gets LIT by media, motorcyclists, and courts for crash
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UK motorcyclist gets LIT by media, motorcyclists, and courts for crash

Bike
    ?

UK motorcyclist gets LIT by media, motorcyclists, and courts for crash

most of us have undoubtedly heard of this guy, but I guess his court appearance took place a few weeks ago.

dude is getting absolutely slammed by the media, and even other motorcyclists (note the comments on the link). he almost got 3 months in jail, 300 hours public service, driving suspension for 2 years, and 1000euros for fence repair.

this is interesting, as apparently he was going 60mph in a 50mph zone... can anyone here even remember the last time they went only 15 over on twisty backroad?

the media is saying he could have killed the other driver, which I find a little over the top...anyhow, thoughts?

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ing/25430.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Rides like an ass. Don't forget, that is mph, not kph. Looked like he was doing better than 100kmh. It's all moot really, he was on the wrong side of the road. He's lucky to be alive, and yes, he could have killed the cage driver too.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod View Post
    the media is saying he could have killed the other driver
    If he had hit head on, sure, that's quite possible.

Should have kept that shit off YouTube.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    ?
    ok, lets say he was going 15kpmh over. Can anyone here remember the last time they hit a twisty backroad and kept it 15 over?

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    The video is the root cause of all the nonsense. Without a video, it's a simple motorcycle crash.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Bike
    ?
    agreed, i just couldn't believe the immediate condemnation, esp. by other riders... this is basically a routine day that got extremely unlucky and happened to be filmed...

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    agreed, i just couldn't believe the immediate condemnation, esp. by other riders... this is basically a routine day that got extremely unlucky and happened to be filmed...
    what part of it was unlucky? the part where he was riding out of control?
    because that's what happened.

he's got nobody to blame but himself.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    ?
    What are you basing the 'out of control' on?

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    What are you basing the 'out of control' on?
    That he crossed the center line.

Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    ?
    Sure, although other riders in the uk have vouched for his ability.

Its his responsibility, no question, but I guess my point is that we've all screwed up corners, not sure i can throw any stones at this guy like everyone in the uk seems to be doing...

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird

Its his responsibility, no question, but I guess my point is that we've all screwed up corners, not sure i can throw any stones at this guy like everyone in the uk seems to be doing...
    sure he might have some good ability, but at that instant in time he either lost focus or out rode his ability - either way he was out of control.

yes most of us have probably run wide at one time or another and thankfully without any serious consequences. the thing is, when we do make a mistake we need to own our shit and he doesn't. he does the opposite and tries to make an excuse for hitting the fence. well if he hadn't run wide he wouldn't have needed to crash into the fence to avoid hitting the car. if he came right out and said as much and turned this into a teaching tool you can bet the online debate would be different.

Bike
    RC

The other riders have vouched for his ability? Are they joking? Are you joking?

See those funny things at the front of the bike? You hold onto those and push and pull. That makes the motorcycle "steer" around curves instead of straight lining.

If you ever get to a section of curves you can't steer through and you instead repeatedly cross the center line, go head on at a car, panic, ride straight into a fence, and then claim you were utterly in control till the moment of impact you're suffering from what the doctors call "dual burden".

That means you're so shitty at what you're doing you lack the ability to recognize you're shitty.
    Fill the house with bees.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    So..... did he have a "vanishing point" somewhere?

Looks like a any bcsb ride...but with a lot less dyl and blind corner passing.

Only difference is lack of video.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none

Ability and cause aside, he blew that corner big time, and is 100% responsible for his own accident.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Registered User Array MrDsylexia's Avatar
    Bike
    89 GPZ1000 RX
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    So..... did he have a "vanishing point" somewhere?

Looks like a any bcsb ride...but with a lot less dyl and blind corner passing.

Only difference is lack of video.
    ... really?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    If they were on 650 v-stroms we could all just conclude they were weetarded.