Need small stiching on the glove. Where to?

Thread: Need small stiching on the glove. Where to?

Bike
    04 SV650

Need small stiching on the glove. Where to?

Having a brain fart moment at PM today and low sliding, palm slider on one of my Held gloves came partially unstitched.

Want to take it somewhere to get fixed, but no idea where. Any recommendations? If possible I would rather not go to Chilliwack, Mission and such as its a bit too far from dt.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    I had the seam on one of my gloves come apart once, so I just stitched it back together by myself. All you need is some reasonably strong thread, and a needle.
    Of course if you're young, and out drinking, whoring, and toking till all hours on a Saturday nite, forget about it.

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Stitchers, 604-879-4242

181 west broadway, van

across from the outdoor co op store. BUT, I don't know if they are still open. He repaired mc gloves for me and other stuff. North side of street, down the stairs.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    95 KTM 620, bike number 17...
    Your house, you"ll need a needle and thread...

Bike
    2007 GSX-R750
    Any shoe repair place can do this for you, as they've got experience in working with leather. There's one next to Save-On/Pricemart in Coquitlam (opposite Coquitlam Centre) that I've used to re-stitch my gloves. He did a great job, and the cost was minimal.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Bike
    Honda
    Make sure who ever you get it fixed from use a high quality kevlar thread.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    Any shoe repair place can do this for you, as they've got experience in working with leather. There's one next to Save-On/Pricemart in Coquitlam (opposite Coquitlam Centre) that I've used to re-stitch my gloves. He did a great job, and the cost was minimal.
    This............had my local cobbler do lots of small repairs to my leather gear
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Ural Patrol, Honda CTX700
    Quote Originally Posted by BROSKI View Post
    Make sure who ever you get it fixed from use a high quality kevlar thread.
    Actually, there are arguments against using Kevlar thread as the shear force in a crash may be high enough so as to have the thread cut/tear the leather to which it's sewn. Use a thread with some amount of stretch and give, like a high strength Nylon.

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    Hey Marco, can you post a picture of the glove? This post is useless without pics! Hahahaha.

All jokes aside. My people would like to see the damage on it so they can see how they can fix it. I'm not promising anything though, but they might be able to get it fixed for you.

Bike
    04 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post
    Hey Marco, can you post a picture of the glove? This post is useless without pics! Hahahaha.

All jokes aside. My people would like to see the damage on it so they can see how they can fix it. I'm not promising anything though, but they might be able to get it fixed for you.
    Fair enough. It's hard to take a good pic that shows damage properly. Basically part of palm slider came unstitched. Leather underneath it and kevlar are all fine and not torn.

here are 2 pics

I moved slider up so that leather underneath it can be seen beter

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    I had my gloves stitched back at the Highgate shoe repair in Burnaby.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    Stitchers, 604-879-4242

181 west broadway, van

across from the outdoor co op store. BUT, I don't know if they are still open. He repaired mc gloves for me and other stuff. North side of street, down the stairs.
    My people said that it will need a new piece of leather to re-cover that. They too suggested Stitchers. Should cost between 20-40 bucks. It needs hand stitching.

I mentioned about the thread. They said that nylon should be ok. Kevlar thread is not common. They don't know who carries it locally.

But if you do insist on Kevlar. Here's where you can get it on-line and you can bring it in the shop to stitch it with.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MUFKNE?vs=1

As for the leather. Do not to use Genuine leather. Genuine Leather is just and industry term for cheap leather. ( like Mcdonalds 100% beef slogan) Ask for Top-grain. Full grain is best but might be too thick.

Sorry, but my people don't have any leather pieces available to stitch on that, otherwise it would of been done for you.

Bike
    04 SV650
    Thanks gents for all the help. Stitchers is close by home, so i will go there and get this done. Better and cheaper than to buy new gloves.

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    No doubt. Are those the Held Phantom 2?

Bike
    04 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post
    No doubt. Are those the Held Phantom 2?
    Phantom, not 2