need good shop info !!!

Thread: need good shop info !!!

billm

Question need good shop info !!!

First off just want to say hey too all readers out there. I am new to the sportbike sceen so I am looking for any and all advice on who in the lower mainland has a good shop with great mechanics in it , I need to have some suspention work done I have a 01 929 please give any feedback on good or bad luck you have had thanks in advance for your time

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

or in french,le steekmon! Array stickman's Avatar
    Bike
    2001 Triumph TT 600,1998 Kawasaki ZX6
    Welcome to the site!! The City guys can probably direct ya to a good shop,but for some reason right now I don't think it will be Burnaby Kawasaki!!LOL!!
    WMRC # 98

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    ALLRIGHT, I get to be first.........

WELCOME ABOARD <------ (standard greeting in case you didn't know)

Come on in and have a seat....... Can I get you a cuppa tea?

PS: Drat, beeten by a shorter answer........... Grrrrrr
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Are you new tot he motorcycle scene? Or just new to the sportbike scene? If you're new to riding completely...then a 929RR is a pretty serious machine for a beginner.

Let me just go against what stickman just said...I whole heartedly recommend Burnaby Kawasaki. They rock.

If you want to take your bike to a Honda dealership...then Carter Honda is excellent. I took my CBR there when I had it.

Oh yeah...almost forgot:

Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

blazinr6
    Are you new tot he motorcycle scene? Or just new to the sportbike scene? If you're new to riding completely...then a 929RR is a pretty serious machine for a beginner.
    thats exactly what i was thinking...hopefully its not your first bike...
    anyways, since i've been on here most people recommend BK for service dept at least...i would just avoid brian if buying gear, but everyone else was cool to deal with

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Bike
    Naked SV
    Welcome, what kind of suspension work do you have in mind? If you are thinking of getting the forks done (revalve, stiffer springs like .95's, etc) consider emailing Dan Kyle Racing for info. He does an amazing job with forks, go to Fireblades.org to find all sorts of info on the 929, including a bunch of guys who have had their suspension (front forks redone, new rear shock) improved.
    Last edited by vrecksler; 04-24-2002 at 01:44 AM.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

Email

Not So Fast Array
    Bike
    Donkey injected
    CHeck out John's Shop. BOMAX MOTORSPORTS, he's very experienced with all kinds of bikes. He just finished a nice orange 929 that was the big news 2 weeks ago. go search for the thread.
    Smooooth!!

billm

Thumbs up thanks

Just read my replies to my previous post and whould like to thank all that info so far and just incase anyone wants to know I went to proride school last year after passing my road test I did get a 01 929 which was my first bike and yes it was a hand full LAST YEAR but this year it seems alot more tame.Anyway I know alot more this year also if I had to do it all agian i whould becuse I have not outgroon my ride . Hope to se all you out and about

Bike
    wow 929 first bike .... I dont think there are many of us here who will outgrow our 600s....

btw, welcome to the board