Saratoga Roadracing series

Thread: Saratoga Roadracing series

Comox, (Van Isle)
    R1 race, SV650 race, KTM690SMC street/race

Saratoga Roadracing series

Good Day eh,

I Know not many of you have heard of the Saratoga motorcycle roadracing series, but as the President of the Speedway Roadracers Club (SRC) I must let you in on our little secret. We our located halfway between Courtenay and Campbell River on Vancouver Island (just over an hour North of Nanaimo). We've already had two races but our remaining dates are as follows: June 28, July 12, July 26, Aug 2, Aug 3, Aug 16, Sept 6 and Sept 20. We our not as complex as the Westwood club is at Mission. Our Tech inspection is simple, with no lock wire required. Most competent riders will qualify under the minimum time, and fun will be had by all. The cost is dirt cheap compared to most series ($16 for race entry, $5 for practice), and our laid back Island attitude reduces the stress level by 90%! Be warned: our track is smaller than Mission, and middleweights are the weapon of choice!! R1's, GSXR1000's etc are too much bike for this track. If you would like more info, let me know.

Dean Thompson

2. Remove Advertisements

West of you
    VTR1000, DR650, TY250
    I stumbled across an event a couple years ago while touring up island. Was a small track but looked like a good time.
    "The follies a man regrets most in his life are those which
    he didn't commit when he had the opportunity."

'00 VFR
    Hell of a good time. A few of us from Western Speedway made it up to thier last race last year and had a blast. This is an awesome series if you want to get a taste of what racing is all about as there are minimal bike preps that need to be done. Highly recommended
    Is it supposed to look like that?
    The Adams Family