lunar eclipse tonight

Thread: lunar eclipse tonight

Insert User Title Here. Array TripleTime's Avatar
    Spinning right round baby right round.

lunar eclipse tonight

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac
    Perfect day for supernatural season 10 premier :-D
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    2012 ninja 650
    if I wasn't so sick atm I'd be very interested in going out with the camera...unfortunately not gonna happen tonight.
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    white privelege
    RC51 & Blackbird
    i might stay up to check this out. i wonder where the best spot to view will be? ie, where will the moon be in the sky at this point?
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    mmm. blood moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild

Now in the science of antiquity, much classification depended upon the planets. Those things which were hot and fiery in their nature, lions, and pepper, and fevers, were classed under the Sun or Jupiter or Mars; things swift and subtle under Mercury; things cold and heavy under Saturn, and so forth.

Yet the principles of most of the planets appeared in varying proportions in almost everything; and the more equally these proportions were balanced and combined, the more complete was anything supposed to be, the nearer modelled on the divine perfection. Man himself was called a microcosm, a little universe, an image of the Creator. In him all the planets and elements had course, and even the Signs of the Zodiac were represented in his nature. The energy of the ram was in his head; the bull gave the laborious endurance to his shoulders; the lion represented the courage of his heart, and the fire of his temper; his knees, which help him to spring, are under the goat -- all works in, and is divided and subdivided in, beauty and harmony.

In this curious language the moon signifies primarily all receptive things, because moonlight is only reflected sunlight. Hence "lunar" is almost a synonym of "feminine." Woman changes; all depends upon the influence of the man; and she is now fertile, now barren, according to her phase. But on each day of her course she passes through a certain section of the Zodiac; and according to the supposed nature of the stars beyond her was her influence in that phase, or, as they called it, mansion.

But beyond such minuteness of detail is the grand character of the Moon, which is threefold. For she is Artemis or Diana, sister of the Sun, a shining Virgin Goddess; then Isis-initiatrix, who brings to man all light and purity, and is the link of his animal soul with his eternal self; and she is Persephone or Proserpine, a soul of double nature, living half upon earth and half in Hades, because, having eaten the pomegranate offered her by its lord, her mother could not bring her wholly back to earth; and thirdly, she is Hecate, a thing altogether of Hell, barren, hideous and malicious, the queen of death and evil witchcraft.

All these natures are combined in woman. Artemis is unassailable, a being fine and radiant; Hecate is the crone, the woman past all hope of motherhood, her soul black with envy and hatred of happier mortals; the woman in the fullness of life is the sublime Persephone, for whose sake Demeter cursed the fields that they brought forth no more corn, until Hades consented to restore her to earth for half the year. So this "moon" of the ancients has a true psychological meaning, as sound to-day as when the priest of Mithras slew the bull; she is the soul, not the eternal and undying sun of the true soul, but the animal soul which is a projection of it, and is subject to change and sorrow, to the play of all the forces of the universe, and whose "redemption" is the solution of the cosmic problem. For it is the seed of the woman that shall bruise the serpent's head; and this is done symbolically by every woman who wins to motherhood.

Others may indeed be chaste unto Artemis, priestesses of a holy and ineffable rite; but with this exception, failure to attain the appointed goal brings them into the dark side of the moon, the cold and barren house of Hecate the accursed.

It will be seen how wide is the range of these ideas, how sensitive is the formula of woman, that can touch such extremes, springing often from one to the other in a moment -- according to the nature of the influence then at work upon her.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Aldergrove BC
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    I'm in a race against the clock to get my truck engine rebuilt before my bike insurance expires on Thursday night, so i'll probably be up very late making that happen. I will use this at motivation to stay up and keep working.
    Of course if you're young, and out drinking, whoring, and toking till all hours on a Saturday nite, forget about it.

2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    Might head out to the dark sky park at 2:00.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

Gixxer k9

Thanks for informing us TT.

It would be awesome to ride out to Cypress and watch that! ..