ART course this weekend

Thread: ART course this weekend

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    "the Koots"
    a few toys

ART course, just took it, it's GREAT

Just took the Advanced Rider Training course this weekend (June 13 & 14). I won the course at the Daytona party earlier this year, and am very excited that I had the opportunity to improve my skills and learn new techniques for my riding.

I would like to thank the Westcoast Superbike School for donating the prize, my group instructor Bernie, Troy, Gio and all the other instructors/support personnel that put on the course. I was impressed with the set-up of the course and the support vehicles, tents, food and water supplied to the students. Also, thanks to Julia at the Flying Swan cafe for donating the use of the restaurant for the classroom session of the instruction (not to mention having coffee/treats there for the students).

I found the verbal instuction very informative, safety-conscious and concise. Riding techniques were reviewed, including some very important information regarding emergency braking, cornering, bike physics, etc. The video taping of the track sessions were very helpful, as the camera shows riders strengths/weaknesses and the commentary of the instructor while taping with the helmet-cam was very informative.

I never thought that I would be able to ride my bike hard enough to explore its performance limits, and never have on the street, but on the closed (read SAFE!) course setup I pushed myself and my bike to its max. I was thrilled to have experienced my personal best on that bike, and now I know its limits.

Once again, thanks to everyone involved to make my learning experience very positive and safe, I HAD A BLAST. I would highly recommend anyone wishing to improve their riding skills to take this course, you will not regret it!

Last edited by flyfishinwoman; 06-16-2003 at 02:28 PM.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

2. Remove Advertisements

sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    I am so envious.

I wanted to do that course so bad, but could not find the funds to make it happen. If not later this year, then early next year for sure.
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.

Janet was flying on the track and she was the only one in our group to spark it up while leaned off the bike. Kudos to Janet and Bernie, our instructor.

I had a great time as well, and can't recommend it enough.

bcsportbike goon Array Gujustud's Avatar
    Yeap I also took the course with you guys (see my post here)