2008 fat kaw

The Transit Cops Bagged One

Guess they were feeling left out.
    At least this guy had a knife maybe.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-dies-after-...rrey-1.2164213

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    They tried earlier by shooting at a fleeing car.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    ummm
    Drove by there at 8am as it was happening. Seems like another regular day in Whalley. Sad to hear of another mentally sick person looking for suicide by cop. I don't think however, modern social norms would accept locking up mentally sick people in padded rooms like 25 years ago. So now we deal with the situation by medically sedating them, and dealing with the times they take themselves off medication by unfortunately shooting them when they attack police or other citizens. Our liberal society can't get anything right.

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Why not a quick acting sedative, very quick, to subdue. Why always a gun. Maybe bring back a the tazer. It seems the police are not always using what's available. However I'm in agreement with the title of the OP. Easy to quack away on the internet like most armchair quarterbacks. Exactly what do you want to say.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Drove by there at 8am as it was happening. Seems like another regular day in Whalley. Sad to hear of another mentally sick person looking for suicide by cop. I don't think however, modern social norms would accept locking up mentally sick people in padded rooms like 25 years ago. So now we deal with the situation by medically sedating them, and dealing with the times they take themselves off medication by unfortunately shooting them when they attack police or other citizens. Our liberal society can't get anything right.
    it has nothing to do with the bolded part, and everything to do with the cost involved in that.
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    I guess my first question in this incident is... Why were the transit police at Safeway anyways? Do they get jurisdiction over the donuts/pastries area of the bakery section now or how does that work?
    Of course if you're young, and out drinking, whoring, and toking till all hours on a Saturday nite, forget about it.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    comical.

"you there! stop stabbing yourself, or we will be forced to open fire!"
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    They are "real" cops. They can even even generate revenue.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    They should shoot these people with tranquilizers!
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskford View Post
    I guess my first question in this incident is... Why were the transit police at Safeway anyways? Do they get jurisdiction over the donuts/pastries area of the bakery section now or how does that work?
    Thats exactly what i was wondering too. :/

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    They should shoot these people with tranquilizers!
    The average cop is carrying a 5#bullet proof vest and 20#s on their belt (9mm loaded gun, 2 spare clips(for a total of 45 rounds), cuffs, pepper spray, telescoping nightstick,and something I am sure I have forgotten. 30 years ago they had a gun, 2quick loads(total of 18 rounds) and a set of cuffs.

The concept of putting more on their belts is debatable. Will it increase back problems? Will it reduce the chance of an officer winning a footrace with a perp. (get the perp shot in the back for not following police directives when the officer cannot run because of his/her belt being too heavy?)?

Big can of worms, things happen fast, all the no lethal tools in the world will not prevent events like this.
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BROSKI View Post
    Thats exactly what i was wondering too. :/
    It was mentioned on the one article I read, transvestite police respond to an emergency call if they are the closest police in the area. OOps did i say transvestite?
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.

Bike
    ummm
    The guy chased after a lady shopping in there, while holding a knife. I'm sorry, anyone does that, drop him. If that was my mum, I'd want the guy dropped.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    Why not a quick acting sedative, very quick, to subdue. Why always a gun. Maybe bring back a the tazer. It seems the police are not always using what's available. However I'm in agreement with the title of the OP. Easy to quack away on the internet like most armchair quarterbacks. Exactly what do you want to say.
    Absolutely correct about us quacking away on the internet, it is such a complex thing.

A fast acting sedative would have to be administered by a doctor with knowledge of any other drugs currently in the system of the "patient". Huge can of worms that one. Tazers are only carried by officers trained in their use (all officers that carry one have been tazed more than once) all officers are tazed and peppersprayed as part of their training.

Ride safe folks.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    tarded

Read or watch the news....