WCSS says farewell
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WCSS says farewell

Honda CBR600RR Race Bike, CRF450R Motard

WCSS says farewell

After much discussion and deliberation, we have decided to officially shut the doors on the West Coast Superbike School. It has been an awesome 14 year run but other life commitments make the continued operation of the school an almost impossible task. We looked for ways to keep running but in the end felt we would not be able to put the time and effort into the school that participants would deserve.
    We would like to put out a heartfelt thanks to many, including all of our students and track day participants, and all the instructors and crew who have helped us through the years. We give a special thanks to our fondly remembered friends, Julia and Bog, who were instrumental in the creation and initial operation of WCSS. Also, a special thanks to the Westwood Motorcycle Racing Club, their members and executives, for the monumental support since our inception in 2001.
    We hope to put some sort of racing program together and see you out at Mission Raceway in 2015.

Gio Achionne
    Troy Burstyk

2. Remove Advertisements

From N00bie to Wannabe Array FASTn50's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    This is a tremendous loss for our sport whether a racer, track day enthusiast or street rider.
    Thank you for your years of tireless effort and contribution towards the improvement and safety of all riders.
    I for one benefited greatly from the organization you worked so hard to build.
    Good luck and success to you wherever your interests may take you in the future.
    All my Mistresses have two round, sticky black feet and are Made in Japan or Germany!
    If I die on Phillip Island, so what! I'm already in Heaven! WOOHOOO!!!

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    I'm really sorry to hear this; I loved the ART course and preached its benefits to any and all within earshot whenever possible. Thank you for providing so many of us with the eye-opening experience of riding a motorcycle on a closed course with excellent supervision and feedback. I'm sure there's more than a few motorcyclists that can credit the things they learned at a WCSS course with having saved their bacon, and I know I personally have been much safer as a result, both on the street and track.

So what does this mean for the WMRC race school/licensing process? Does it look like anyone else is stepping up to the task?
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Honda CBR600RR Race Bike, CRF450R Motard
    Thanks for the kind words Bill and LR.
    The WMRC will be running the race school in house now. They have many people who are more than capable so I am sure they will have a great program.

2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    Troy, Gio, we had some fun!
    It was a lot of fun to be a part of so many people's best day ever.
    I'm glad people appreciated what you guys did.
    Now hopefully that gives you time to race, or get up here for a visit!
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

DO IT!

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    sunny surrey
    a few pretties
    Thanks troy & gio...and all your support staff for all the efforts You put into the School and trackdays
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

poco loco
    gotta gixer
    Thanx Troy Gio And Rachel! Always had fun at track days what lead to taking school and racing. Thanks for all !

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    I'm saddened to hear the news. I always loved the WCSS track days and hanging out with you guys. I hope to see you guys again out at the track, and hopefully for some drinks after.

As mentioned, yes the wmrc will be taking on more responsibilities by offering race schools/rider training and even track days. Our programs are currently being finalized but one thing is sure, 2015 is going to be different we can only hope to have everyone's support and do our best to make our WCSS friends proud!
    Stay tuned for more details soon!
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Van City
    I, like many others on here, have a great deal of appreciation for all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears you all put in to the community. Your teaching, track days and girlish figures (I'm looking at you, Troy) will be sorely missed. Thank you again for all you've done, I'm truly thankful for it.

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    That is sad news.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in to run the school. Thanks for the fun times!

Best wishes in your future endeavors!
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

2006 Suzuki GSXR1000, 2012 KTM SMT990, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE, 2014 BMW HP4 Carbon Competition, 2006 Honda VT1100, 2010 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Honda CRF50F, 2015 Honda CRF230F, A320 when on the line...
    Big thanks to Troy, Gio and the rest of the WCSS crew for some of my most favourite memories on two wheels, I will miss the great times with you guys.
    Mach tuck?!

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Ninja250 + a few
    Thank you to the whole crew a WCSS. You will be missed.
    WMRC & PCMRC #49
    WMRC Vice President

StevieMac- any and all advice provided by me is of the "Use it at your own risk" variety. Common sense and your own good judgement must always prevail.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Sorry to see this go. I'm one of your biggest fans and supporters, and most of that is due to who you guys are, and less about what you do. You should be very proud of what you created.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    New West
    I'm so glad that WCSS gave me the opportunity to teach and assist the students. It was an honor and a pleasure to have been part of the team. While WCSS may be going away, you guys will always be a large part of this community!
    WMRC #42
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac
    That is a real bummer. ART course was a lot of fun and saved me a half a dozen crashes just that summer alone.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL